Body/paint shop owners/workers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body/paint shop owners/workers?

Anyone have the hookup on installing a driver side curtain airbag on a 2008 Honda civic?

Are you trying to do it yourself ?

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
      Anyone have the hookup on installing a driver side curtain airbag on a 2008 Honda civic?
      shoot me a pm.. Have a family friend who owns a body shop (dads buddy)
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
        Are you trying to do it yourself ?
        Negative ghost rider.

Comment

There are several things that is mandatory replacement , like the module and trim/sun visor .Where are you located ?

Comment

There are several things that is mandatory replacement , like the module and trim/sun visor .Where are you located ?
            They just replaced the sun visor that was split at the dealership yesterday under a recall. Apparently the SRS unit is good. They side curtain bag looks new behind the in tact trim; but they are saying that there is a possible short in the side curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
              They just replaced the sun visor that was split at the dealership yesterday under a recall. Apparently the SRS unit is good. They side curtain bag looks new behind the in tact trim; but they are saying that there is a possible short in the side curtain.
              So has the bag been replaced before ?

Comment

Honestly I don't know. I bought the car last August. I don't know enough about paint/body to know what to look for on a used car to know if it had been wrecked. Well come to find out the car has been wrecked. I paid the stealership to diagnose it. They replaced the front driver side impact sensor as well as traced down another code that apparently led them to say there is a short in the driver side curtain airbag. They told me the bag is in place and seems to have never been fired; however they couldn't say if it was a new replacement or out of another car. The front sensor kept the light on all the time. This short causes an intermittent light.

Comment

Check the connector , I have seen them not have a good connection and set the code.

Comment

Check the connector , I have seen them not have a good connection and set the code.
                    They said they put some honda tool on the airbag and the side curtain showed an open loop reading when hooked up.

Comment

Where are you located ? I can might be able to get you in touch with a board member .

Comment

Where are you located ? I can might be able to get you in touch with a board member .
                        Forney area

Comment

Sorry I don't know of anyone that far east . Might try Protech and see if they can help . I would lean towards wiring or connection before a faulty bag .

Comment

Working...
                          X