No announcement yet.

Drag radials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new M/T side wall is redesigned and suppose to be better the rest of the tire is the same other than looking like a slick. Rumor is the Hoosier is still better on a not so good track only time will tell. The new tire is not DOT approved and from what I hear they don't plan on getting it done either. M/T has only made about 350 sets of this tire and everyone wants them. I am almost to the point of just staying with the Hoosier.

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
      The new M/T side wall is redesigned and suppose to be better the rest of the tire is the same other than looking like a slick. Rumor is the Hoosier is still better on a not so good track only time will tell. The new tire is not DOT approved and from what I hear they don't plan on getting it done either. M/T has only made about 350 sets of this tire and everyone wants them. I am almost to the point of just staying with the Hoosier.
      don't the hoosiers wear out insanely fast, like 10 passes on a set?

Comment

here is the thread about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
          good read. seems the new m/t is pretty similar to the hoosier, my bet is neither will last as long on the street as the current m/t 275.

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
            But, if that was true why does the 10.5 class run m/t? Im not doubting you, as I have had a few sets of quick time pros over the years, and they seem stickier then the M/Ts, but it does make one think.
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

What 10.5 class are you talking about? All 275 classes allow all the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                don't the hoosiers wear out insanely fast, like 10 passes on a set?
                It depends on the car you should get about 25 passes out of them. I have two sets of back wheels to match my car. So I keep a new set ready to go so if at the track and the 60' goes down I can change them out.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                  Why would you want nitto's in that size anyway
                  Because they fit..?? That size will put the most rubber on the ground.

Comment

Carefull going too wide. lol

Zero street miles not even out of my driveway on the street. 11 miles on the dyno and bam, I guess I really needed a 1/2" spacer instead of 1/4".
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Carefull going too wide. lol

Zero street miles not even out of my driveway on the street. 11 miles on the dyno and bam, I guess I really needed a 1/2" spacer instead of 1/4".
                      That sux!
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystangman View Post
                        Because they fit..?? That size will put the most rubber on the ground.
                        There is just better options in drag radials in that size verses the Nittos is my point.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                          There is just better options in drag radials in that size verses the Nittos is my point.
                          Do you have a certain brand you want to suggest? Something that you have personally tried and not just read about? I'm open to suggestions. They are just for the street and I have slicks for the track.

Comment

If they are just for the street, you will get the most miles out of a nitto hands down, triple fold. Youll get some tire spin, but its a hellva lot better than street tires.

Or just roll hoosier quick time pro's. I Put a ton of street miles on mine, but no track runs, and few burnouts. They hooked well on nitrous, and normal driving would warm them up.

The m/t just hook.

Comment

Working...
                            X