Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is nitrous dead in the street car world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is nitrous dead in the street car world?

The last big shot nitrous car I saw out on the street was my first gen CTS-V. Why does nobody build nitrous cars anymore? I know there are tons of them at the local track but it seems like everyone has went to pro chargers or Turbos for street stuff?

I think a built SBF/SBC with 2 systems on the street has a bunch of potential.

Discuss.
    -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
    -1993 Cobra- 700rw
    -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
    -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
    -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Delete this thread before Jetfast sees it, lol.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Fast and the furious fucked it up for this generation...seriously though its just not as cool as a big ass hairdyrer an inconspicuous street car
      89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
        The last big shot nitrous car I saw out on the street was my first gen CTS-V. Why does nobody build nitrous cars anymore? I know there are tons of them at the local track but it seems like everyone has went to pro chargers or Turbos for street stuff?

I think a built SBF/SBC with 2 systems on the street has a bunch of potential.

Discuss.
        You have a 1400rw street car on boost. This is a redundant question. Lol

Comment

Good question. If I don't go turbo, I'll buy a two stage kit. Probably. Maybe.
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Rhectorial ?
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
              Fast and the furious fucked it up for this generation...seriously though its just not as cool as a big ass hairdyrer an inconspicuous street car
              I actually think a Direct port looks way cooler under the hood. But a single 4788 or F2 is pretty kick ass. Love the way pro charged cars sound at idle but it really doesn't built a solid roller all motor car.

with 2 stages as well

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
              Good question. If I don't go turbo, I'll buy a two stage kit. Probably. Maybe.
              You are changing your combo? Honestly I'm iffy on what to do with the Cobra. If I could easily switch to a nitrous combo that ran good on motor I probably would. But that low compression 331 won't accomplish that lol

Twin 67's, single 88, F2, 2 systems. All of it is damn cool IMHO, JW why I don't see any more street cars running around with 2 systems like I use to...
              -1993 Cobra- 700rw

Comment

The best thing to do with that cobra is sell it and buy your wagon. :-)

Comment

The best thing to do with that cobra is sell it and buy your wagon. :-)
                  You just hate fox bodies now that you don't have one. I really like the car, I'm keeping the car and I plan on turning it into a very cool/quick street cruiser.

The V will get bought as soon as my GTR sells.
                  -1993 Cobra- 700rw

Comment

You just hate fox bodies now that you don't have one. I really like the car, I'm keeping the car and I plan on turning it into a very cool/quick street cruiser.

The V will get bought as soon as my GTR sells.
                    LOL, I don't hate them. I've owned more of them than you have so you can't say that. haha.

I know you all too well, there is no way you own that car this time next year. Say whatever you about what you "plan" to do. You don't plan shit, your "plans" can change with the wind at any given moment. lol.

Comment

LOL, I don't hate them. I've owned more of them than you have so you can't say that. haha.

I know you all too well, there is no way you own that car this time next year. Say whatever you about what you "plan" to do. You don't plan shit, your "plans" can change with the wind at any given moment. lol.
                      If I get offered the right about of money for it, of course its gone! I don't get attached to metal and plastic crap. As of now even running like crap the Cobra gives me more enjoyment then my other cars. Its just a "cool" car to me, something I've wanted since I was a kid.

I WISH it was a nitrous car though!

Maybe someone would trade me a 351 based nitrous motor for my 331/turbo combo
                      -1993 Cobra- 700rw

Comment

As I am rebuilding my vortech'ed car I am helping my friend build his nitrous system. Really looking forward to driving his car. Never have had the chance to drive or ride in a nitrous car. Should be fun.
                        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

i hear guys getting ~3 1/8th mile pass on a 10lb bottle. @$5 a lb thats 50 bucks for 3 passes, or about $2-3 a second on the jug. i know turbos/blowers are not cheap, but for long blast they beat the hell out of having to get bottles filled, paying to get them filled, and running out at the worst times. just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                            As I am rebuilding my vortech'ed car I am helping my friend build his nitrous system. Really looking forward to driving his car. Never have had the chance to drive or ride in a nitrous car. Should be fun.
                            I'm talking big shot nitrous street cars. 400+ or multiple systems, etc...

Driving a nitrous car is a total blast though, you'll love it

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            i hear guys getting ~3 1/8th mile pass on a 10lb bottle. @$5 a lb thats 50 bucks for 3 passes, or about $2-3 a second on the jug. i know turbos/blowers are not cheap, but for long blast they beat the hell out of having to get bottles filled, paying to get them filled, and running out at the worst times. just my opinion.
                            I've never thought of nitrous as a cheap power adder. Personally all my boosted cars get a small shot of the gas as well. The Cobra already has a plate system on it
                            -1993 Cobra- 700rw

Comment

I WISH it was a nitrous car though!

Maybe someone would trade me a 351 based nitrous motor for my 331/turbo combo
                              I'll do that, but the rolling chassis' go with them. Of course I would throw in a buck or two .
                              I luuuuuv that cobra.

Seriously though, I'm thinkin about a two stage NX kit for my car. It's built to handle a lot more nitrous than I'm throwing at it right now. I've had my current NX gemini kit for about 8 years now and I have no complaints. I could go up another 125-150 on my current kit, but that might be a little hard on it !!!
                              Vortex rear stand $75
                              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X