redline tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redline tonight

im gonna head out to redline for a few passes. got my intake manifold on and wanna see if the gain was worth it. last weekend i went out there and went a best 9.55 @ 76 with a 2.19 60' time. any guesses on what i may run?

Sounds slow

Whats the combo?

Comment

You need some practice. I only gained a mph when i switched intakes to my cobra.

Mine ran 8.6's on slicks with gears and intake and exhaust. 8.8s on nitto's and 9.0-9.1 on street tires.

I've got ever timeslip i ever ran in that car at the track. In one year i made over 200 passes.

Comment

ok, with the intake manifold on, no vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator, i ran a best time of 9.20 @ 78 2.12 60"

88 GT auto. 10 degrees timing, electric fans, moroso CAI, BBK shorty headers, BBK 70mm throttle body with spacer, 24 lb injectors, shift kit, home made off-road H with flows and 4.10 gears. ofcourse, now it has an Explorer intake manifold. I am VERY happy with last night. the manifold netted me a best 3.5 tenths and 2 mph gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
          Sounds slow

Whats the combo?
          it is slow, and a work in progress. mods posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by jlyon View Post
            ok, with the intake manifold on, no vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator, i ran a best time of 9.20 @ 78 2.12 60"

88 GT auto. 10 degrees timing, electric fans, moroso CAI, BBK shorty headers, BBK 70mm throttle body with spacer, 24 lb injectors, shift kit, home made off-road H with flows and 4.10 gears. ofcourse, now it has an Explorer intake manifold. I am VERY happy with last night. the manifold netted me a best 3.5 tenths and 2 mph gain.
            I ran consistent 9.0 at 80mph with a stock coupe on bald 225s and 3.73s. 2.0 60ft

My car bone ass stock with 2.73s and everything got a 9.37 at 79mph. That was my first night to take the car to the track. 2.0 60ft

I put slicks on, e fans, pullies and a driveshaft with 3.73 and I got a 8.40 at almost 81.7 1.82 60 ft lol

Strapped it to a dyno and made 231rwhp.. Lol put it on the scales and it weighed 2740lbs.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
              I ran consistent 9.0 at 80mph with a stock coupe on bald 225s and 3.73s. 2.0 60ft

My car bone ass stock with 2.73s and everything got a 9.37 at 79mph. That was my first night to take the car to the track. 2.0 60ft

I put slicks on, e fans, pullies and a driveshaft with 3.73 and I got a 8.40 at almost 81.7 1.82 60 ft lol

Strapped it to a dyno and made 231rwhp.. Lol put it on the scales and it weighed 2740lbs.
              with my big ass in my car, i have no doubt it's weighing in at around 3400 lbs. was your car a stick? mine is a/t. i still think it's running pretty good

Comment

with my big ass in my car, i have no doubt it's weighing in at around 3400 lbs. was your car a stick? mine is a/t. i still think it's running pretty good
                Yes. Those times were made with my old w/c t5 with the 3.31 1st gear.

I now have a 2.95 1st t5z, made a few passes but kept blowing the slicks off f the line. Ran a 8.6 with a 2.0 60ft, launching at 3000-3500rpm.

With new tires it should be a low 8.3 or 8.2 car, but I'll have the h/c/I done before I go back to the track.

My passes were done with stock suspension with no front sway bar.

For a auto GT it's running pretty good, bump the timing up some and see how it runs, put the vacuum back on the regulator too.

Why'd you go 24# inj? My 88 GT ran a 8.53 at 88mph with a 75shot. Bone stock, e fans alum driveshaft and 3.73.

Comment

i run 6.63s with 165 shoot (dry kit)on 19lb injs with a stock short and e7 heads (heads have some work)
                  Last edited by 93mcobra; 04-15-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

the 24# injectors where already on the car when i bought it. im thinking the next thing i do to it will be subframe connectors w/seat support and an adjustable fuel regulator. as i said, it is a work in progress. just doing alittle here and alittle there.

edit: i think they are 24 lb. they are accel yellow top with 24 stamped on them.

Comment

Originally posted by 93mcobra View Post
                      i run 6.63s with 165 shoot (dry kit)on 19lb injs with a stock short and e7 heads
                      i have a couple things i want to do to it first, but i plan on having a 100 shot on it in a couple months or so, i hope. i think i have stock heads, i just don't know for sure. the valve covers have been off though.

Comment

is it a white gt and if so i saw some of your passes and they look good

Comment

Originally posted by 93mcobra View Post
                          is it a white gt and if so i saw some of your passes and they look good
                          yeah it is. thanks. i tried to cut some good lights

this is it, i scraped the windshield header too.

Comment

i was racing a friend with a 99 GT a/t and we were real close. our closest was me: 9.20 @ 78 and him: 9.23 @ 77. it has been a very long time since i have done that.

Comment

the 24# injectors where already on the car when i bought it. im thinking the next thing i do to it will be subframe connectors w/seat support and an adjustable fuel regulator. as i said, it is a work in progress. just doing alittle here and alittle there.

edit: i think they are 24 lb. they are accel yellow top with 24 stamped on them.
                              Sub frames will do you good. The fuel pressure reg will allow you to tone down those injectors a bit, once you get that play with the timing until you find a sweet spot.

My coupe runs the a9p auto ECM, I set te timing to 13 degrees base.

Comment

Working...
                              X