Fairmont guys need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairmont guys need help!!!

I've always wanted one, and i stumbled across a nice 2 door 4 banger auto zepher.

Baby blue.

I can get it for 600-700. It all depends on the title situation. A kid from texas blew up the motor. the shop put a new motor in it 5 years ago. Kid never picked up the car.

He just wants his lost money for labor.

Im going to nit pick the car tomorrow, but from the road it looks NIIICE.

Any thing i should look out for? besides normal fox body stuff.

I want to convert the car to a efi windsor.

Sweet find, I assume its a boxtop and not a Z7? I would inspect the heck out of it for rust, when they sit it is inevitable. Im ok with repairing floor pans and other normal sheetmetal, but too much rust would turn me away. Otherwise a 2.3 auto shouldnt have too much wear and tear on the unibody. Be aware that many of the parts unique to that car are hard as hell to find in decent shape now.

Comment

yeah. Its a box top.

Thats the only issue is finding parts for it. As far as trim pieces and shit like that.

I know fox body mustangs, just never messed with the monts. As long as the subframe looks good the rest can be fixed. From the road if it has any rust it will be hidden. Ill take pics tomorrow.

My plan has always ben a simple 302, with tw heads, holly systamax, and a small turbo set up. Something in the 400-500 range.

Im not putting a cage in this car. 7 years of daily driving a fox with a roll cage was a pita. If i put one in it will have removable door bars.

Comment

There is a white wagon I've had my eyes on for a while.

Fairmonts are cool.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          yeah. Its a box top.

Thats the only issue is finding parts for it. As far as trim pieces and shit like that.

I know fox body mustangs, just never messed with the monts. As long as the subframe looks good the rest can be fixed. From the road if it has any rust it will be hidden. Ill take pics tomorrow.

My plan has always ben a simple 302, with tw heads, holly systamax, and a small turbo set up. Something in the 400-500 range.

Im not putting a cage in this car. 7 years of daily driving a fox with a roll cage was a pita. If i put one in it will have removable door bars.
          if its a 4cyl a v8 will bolt right in just like in a mustang.

Comment

I knew the 4 banger k member would work.

Doing the fuel injection is going to be the bitch.

Comment

not really
              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

This is not the car, but what it looked like from the road. Hopefully its in as nice of shape up close. Its been 4 months since I spotted it.

Comment

Here are a couple threads on efi and driveshafts.

Comment

Any one used the RJM universal 5.0 harness?

This looks like the way to go.

Comment

if its a coupe like that buy it! if its a 4dr dont bother.

Comment

Make sure to check under battery tray and floor pans for cracks. are the tail lights cracked?
                        1979 2 door boxtop 351w and a C4

Comment

Here Is the car. All the glass is good. It has a few spots, but for the price im going to buy it. That is if we can get the title situation figured out.

I said 5 years but the car has only sat for 2.

Comment

can anyone do a tag look up for me on the car as well as a vin check.

Comment

fuck looking it up. that car is NICE! if you dont buy it i will!

<----jealous

Comment

Working...
                              X