No announcement yet.

Degreed cams on 32v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why run a twin blade? Wouldn't you pick up power by going to a single blade accufab?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      God damn,good steal at 300 bones. NA_SVT is who i heard does the best work.

Dan, I have a ported 2001 intake on my car already, but its just ported and probably lightly ported at that. It still is the stock length runners.

Specs on the motor:

5.0L stroker,
      10:1 compression
      ported/polished 03/cobra heads
      valvetrain mods
      HP Custom Grind Cams, pretty aggressive.
      Ported 2001 Cobra Intake
      AFI Balancer
      Meziere Electric Water Pump
      Hooker SuperComp Headers
      JLT Intake
      BBK 62mm twin throttle body
      1/2 inch intake plenum spacer
      old Pro-M 87MM Mass air.
      Thanks that's a similar list I was coming up with, except I wasn't real sure on cams. I have been debating calling Bullet for them but this idea has been on the back burner for now.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
        Why run a twin blade? Wouldn't you pick up power by going to a single blade accufab?
        Because not everyone wants a throttle that functions like an on/off switch, and a twin 62 or 65mm flows a stupid amount of air.

Comment

Right. Pretty much at my level, a twin 62mm flows plenty of air, and is not a bottleneck.

Something else to consider is with a big singleblade, a proper thing to do is to port match your intake plenum, and that involves some cutting. Something i didnt care to deal with.

Comment

[QUOTE=03shadow4v;651179]Just out of curiosity who here has degreed cams anyone use the 96-98 cobra cams ? and what kind of power gain did you see from doing so ? And rpm gain ? And has anyone messed around with shortening the intake r

U need a turbo.
            440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
            7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

Originally posted by 03shadow4v View Post
              Just out of curiosity who here has degreed cams anyone use the 96-98 cobra cams ? and what kind of power gain did you see from doing so ? And rpm gain ? And has anyone messed around with shortening the intake runners a bit ?
              Or ill sell u my 03 cobra heads an put those cobra cam's on an u wont have to buy a Mach1 anymore I also have teksid block
              440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
              7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

Working...
              X