Degreed cams on 32v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degreed cams on 32v

Just out of curiosity who here has degreed cams anyone use the 96-98 cobra cams ? and what kind of power gain did you see from doing so ? And rpm gain ? And has anyone messed around with shortening the intake runners a bit ?
    Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
    03gt intech POWA!

Originally posted by 03shadow4v View Post
    Just out of curiosity who here has degreed cams anyone use the 96-98 cobra cams ? and what kind of power gain did you see from doing so ? And rpm gain ? And has anyone messed around with shortening the intake runners a bit ?
    If you mess with the runners you'll shift the RPM band.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      If you mess with the runners you'll shift the RPM band.
      Yes I figured the shorter the runner the more rpm you'll have but I was also wondering if the shift in higher rpm is worth the gains in hp but is it worth the loss in torque but I was also wondering if the degreeing of the cams helps out significantly with the loss in torque .?

I highly doubt I'll ever mess with my runner length on my car but just curious to know If anybody has done it and was it worth it ?
      03gt intech POWA!

Comment

108/114 for cobra cams will yield 20rwhp gain with torque gains throughout the entire RPM range.

Shortening your runners 1.5-2'' will kill your torque but extend the power-band past 6500.
        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
          108/114 for cobra cams will yield 20rwhp gain with torque gains throughout the entire RPM range.

Shortening your runners 1.5-2'' will kill your torque but extend the power-band past 6500.
          Gaw damn it I wanted to hear from someone that's done it and experienced the car themselves you sperm dumpster
          03gt intech POWA!

Comment

MM&FF had an article on degreeing the cams. IIRC, they gained a pretty decent amount power.

Comment

There's quite a few on Mach 1 registry with dyno charts posted

Comment

You could spend what you'd pay on cams on a 351 and be faster.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Gaw damn it I wanted to hear from someone that's done it and experienced the car themselves you sperm dumpster
                  Look up the dyno charts and fix your blown gasket while you're at it. Lol
                  Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Yes I figured the shorter the runner the more rpm you'll have but I was also wondering if the shift in higher rpm is worth the gains in hp but is it worth the loss in torque but I was also wondering if the degreeing of the cams helps out significantly with the loss in torque .?

I highly doubt I'll ever mess with my runner length on my car but just curious to know If anybody has done it and was it worth it ?
                    The intake won't really limit the RPM capabilities of the engine, so you won't gain any RPM, you have to do actual valvetrain work in order to get more RPM.

Comment

The intake won't really limit the RPM capabilities of the engine, so you won't gain any RPM, you have to do actual valvetrain work in order to get more RPM.
                      Um, what? You are wrong. The stock b cobra valvetrain will rev to 7k no problems. The intake is what limits it.
                      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                        You could spend what you'd pay on cams on a 351 and be faster.
                        Ya and have to swap out heads and cam and intake ... I think I'll pass
                        03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Sir I think your in the Wong thread for advice giving but thank you for trying
                          03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                            Um, what? You are wrong. The stock b cobra valvetrain will rev to 7k no problems. The intake is what limits it.
                            You been reading the back of cereal boxes lately ?
                            03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Ya and have to swap out heads and cam and intake ... I think I'll pass
                              Lol, thats where the money for cams plays in.

For cheap 2-3k n/a to n/a 351 will walk it.

He'll I'd be tempted to say a stock 93 lightning 351 w/ a cam and maybe intake would lay it down just fine. Still has butthole gt40s though. And that's CHEAP.

Heads cam intake is cheaper then 4v cams haha.

Carb or efi spyder on the windsor and it's game ova.

/ argument.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                              X