2011/12 5.0 owners - "ghost cam" tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    You're being a lil sensitive with your kneejerk reaction. I didn't say anything negative about Manny. He's a good tuner. The subject is the KB blower and why it was the choice. That's a lot of blower for a stock motor and the fact they tend to eat stock motors is relative, its not a dig at HPP. I've personally decided on the the Roush blower since I'm not planning on going too extreme.
    I was making a point that if you want to go fast the KB is the way to go and made a point about Mannys car. You post about the "three blown motors", you should be more specific about the circumstances, because like I posted it sounds like a dig at Mannys shop. If you knew what really is going on you wouldn't have posted that Steve.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I hear ya, mine will be a daily as well, I might not do the OR X only because of the loudness. I might do a catted X and low boost for me, I wont be trying to break any records. 11's will be fine and will drag 98% of the cars on the road...
      Yeah, I don't know why but these cars just seem to be a lot louder with open exhaust, or maybe we are just getting that old our tolerance for it is much less these days. lol.

You don't need a blower to run 11's in these cars. Simple little bolt ons and that is easily achievable. Mid/high 10's with a blower are the norm.

Comment

I'm a little leery of supercharging an otherwise stock 5.0. Too many issues with oil pumps, pistons, and rods for my taste. I rely on mine to get back and forth to work, so you guys have fun being fast, I'll stick to being slow.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          I was making a point that if you want to go fast the KB is the way to go and made a point about Mannys car. You post about the "three blown motors", you should be more specific about the circumstances, because like I posted it sounds like a dig at Mannys shop. If you knew what really is going on you wouldn't have posted that Steve.
          I meant nothing by it. My point was a big KB might be abit too much for these fragile lil stock motors. Hyper pistons, powdered rods etc. If a built motor is in the plans for later down the road, I could see why someone would use a large KB blower then.

Comment

For those considering the off road x pipe, here's what mine sounds like after long tubes and the off road x were installed (keep in mind that I also have muffler deletes installed). Very mellow down low, and very loud when you get into it -

Comment

Well, the You Tube button seems to own me. WTH?

Comment

The good thing about the KB is you can pulley at 8-10#'s and make decent power on it, then down the road if you decide to get crazy, the IC, Inlet, TB, etc. are all pretty modular, so you can simply change out pullies or maybe even compressors and not have to worry about upgrading other areas. I agree on not getting too crazy with the stock stuff. My goal is to run similar times to my 'vert but with the refinement of the '12. Maybe WAY down the road, do a forged shortblock build and go hog-wild! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                  The good thing about the KB is you can pulley at 8-10#'s and make decent power on it, then down the road if you decide to get crazy, the IC, Inlet, TB, etc. are all pretty modular, so you can simply change out pullies or maybe even compressors and not have to worry about upgrading other areas. I agree on not getting too crazy with the stock stuff. My goal is to run similar times to my 'vert but with the refinement of the '12. Maybe WAY down the road, do a forged shortblock build and go hog-wild! LOL!
                  Sounds like a solid plan.

Comment

Working...
                  X