Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    Wow really? Thanks for the explanation... Lol

I've a couple dry kits in my time. I've always had it spraying directly into the throttle body.
    so you sprayed it AFTER the MAF... so you didn't add any fuel at all?!
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
      there are other ways dry kits use the stock injectors to enrich enrich besides spraying through the maf. most use some type of trick to command the ecm/pcm into a rich state, not unlike the ls1 cars use the resistor trick with the IAT to pull timing out of the motor when the nitrous is being sprayed by tricking the computer into thinking the intake temp is some stupid low number then you go and tweak that cell to pull xx number of degrees out of it when it is in that cell. dry kits have been around a lot longer then the ls motor and most of the older cars maf's were not fast enough to enrich for nitrous.

Comment

if i remember right a dry kit can be used to where it applies pressure to the fpr to get your fuel spike. i had a dry kit on my cobra and this is how it was setup

Comment

Sent pm, do want intake and tb if you go to a FAST. Should pick you up 15-25 rw... Have a stock ls1 I'd like to keep stock looking..

Comment

Got the pm. Going to be several weeks before we dive in.

Comment

update!

Well, we dyno'd the car yesterday and had good results, but did find we were maxing out the injectors at 95-97%. Everyonce in a while they would 100% out and lose stability in a/f curve. ended up making 405/390 SAE...was 425 STD.

ended up gaining about 16 rwhp over the morning, but it last dyno'd at 375 rwhp, so should see some nice gains at the track. Biggest gains we found were stabilizing the SUPER LEAN condition in the lower rpms, idle and while getting the car moving. All of that is nice and strong. Car was finicky, cranky and did not like to run below 4k...now if feels very good. We found tons of weird tuning from previous shop that either was chasing their butts or didn't know what they were doing.

All in all a good day. Already ordered injectors and will probably order the FAST 92mm setup today. Should have it back to tuner by mid january for first race of the year. Goal is 420rwhp so she will be right on the new ST2 numbers for what the car weighs. I hope to drive/test it this weekend if it doesn't rain too much! 2013 race season is looking pretty good!

Comment

I'll buy the ls6 intake if strokd doesn't still want it.

Comment

Installed the fast lsx92 intake and throttle body along with some 42 lb injectors. Got the tune adjusted and picked up 21 peak hp and a little torque. Made 427/404 corrected and 450/426? Std... pretty happy overall for a cam exhaust and intake ls6. Now to see what the scales tell us in the morning.

Comment

Not sure why you were maxing out the injectors?
                    My '01 WS6 made 401/390 with a TSP 231/237 .595~(IIRC) cam, Hooker LTs and a Lid, stock injectors with no issues. Your car is a 6spd too right?
                    Still decent numbers after the last round of mods though!

Comment

Could be an early car with the smaller injectors. I think the 98s came with 28lbs or something tiny.

Comment

I think it had something to do with how the fuel system was plumbed. I re did ot and fuel pressure was solid this time. I think they were maxing with an unstable fuel delivery. Runs much better now.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                          I think it had something to do with how the fuel system was plumbed. I re did ot and fuel pressure was solid this time. I think they were maxing with an unstable fuel delivery. Runs much better now.
                          do you have the UD pulley ad electric water pump on it? that should bump your rwhp #'s up as well and like one of the earlier posters said get the "sam miller super tune XF" the thing with that is if your lucky you might have a better chance finding santa clause then sam
                          RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
                            do you have the UD pulley ad electric water pump on it? that should bump your rwhp #'s up as well and like one of the earlier posters said get the "sam miller super tune XF" the thing with that is if your lucky you might have a better chance finding santa clause then sam
                            goal was 420rwhp or we would have to ballast up with the wife driving as the class is based on HP/weight. I need to put a 50lb brick of lead in the car now. It ran great this weekend and had a blast driving it even though it handled like doo doo. Now just need to take care of it and make it last!

Comment

How else would you run a dry kit?

Not being a smart ass here but you know the difference between a dry kit and a wet kit right?

Dry = nitrous only
                              Wet = nitrous and fuel
                              Dude, c'mon... dry kits for Fox body Mustangs use bottle pressure at the FPR to bump up fuel pressure. You can adjust the jet in the T fitting to add the correct amount of fuel pressure for whatever nitrous shot you're running.

Running nitrous through the MAF is some ghetto shit, no wonder there's no fast LS1 F-bodies anymore.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Aggie,

Were you at the NASA race @ MSR Houston this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X