Trans cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans cooler

Needing to upgrade my shitty ass Trans cooler I'm running a c4 with 4000 stall with a little cooler. I'm wanting to put a larger cooler on in where the condenser was. I have been looking in the summit magazine will the 40 dollar cooler that is 20x8 and 3/4 inch think would that help me and keep it cool driving around town. Or should I go with the big cooler that is 22x18 that is 1 1/2 thick for 115 dollars..

Biggest one you can find. Also doesn't hurt to have small fan if theirs room. Always overkill your cooling needs.
    One day at a time.

Comment

Yea that's what I was thinking.

Comment

I went with this one, notice it has 1/2 NPT threads, not barbed fittings, build yourself some stainless lines for it (don't want to risk loosing a trans line hauling balls down the track).

Comment

Setrab coolers, you can get them in just about any size.

Comment

Not all cooler designs are the same. The stacked plate coolers are worth the money, IMO.

Comment

I had very good results with the B&M Super Cooler and regular 3/8 heater hose. Some people bypass the radiator cooler, but I plumbed it to work in tandem. It's a cheap and easy solution to drop a solid 25 degrees. Reading the temps in the pan.

TFT monitor after cooler install

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
                Needing to upgrade my shitty ass Trans cooler I'm running a c4 with 4000 stall with a little cooler. I'm wanting to put a larger cooler on in where the condenser was. I have been looking in the summit magazine will the 40 dollar cooler that is 20x8 and 3/4 inch think would that help me and keep it cool driving around town. Or should I go with the big cooler that is 22x18 that is 1 1/2 thick for 115 dollars..
                you should put a cooler on DEEZ NUTZ

Comment

Damm all deez Nuts

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
                    Damm all deez Nuts
                    You're gonna keep his nutz real busy

Comment

Tru-Cool 40k on my truck dropped my temps from 185-190* during the summer thrashing on it a bit to 140-150* still flogging on it and sitting in stop-n-go traffic.

Comment

I used a Hayden plate style trans cooler from Oreillys after adding a 3K stall to the car. I bypassed the radiator cooler also and placed it in front of the condenser. Dropped the trans temps from 240* to around 190* during the 100* plus days we where having....

Comment

I had the Hayden one on my 04 GT Auto. It kept the temps down on hot days and hard driving but on cold days I had to drive a mile or two before it would shift into 4th/OD. It sucks if you live or work near the freeway. You'll be stuck in 3rd till the trams fluid warms up. The reason is the add on cooler is always cooling, unlike your standard radiator for the engine coolant that is bypassed until the thermostat opens. I found a bypass valve online but never got around to installing it.
                          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

5 spd way to go fuck a cooler
                            sigpic

Comment

You should get a 5 speed tattoo with 187 grove street under it

Comment

Working...
                              X