New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build

Doing a 3v swap in a fox body and have not actually located alot of stuff yet but researching as i go. far as fuel system.... tryin to use alot of factory style s197/fox parts but the after market is always an option to look at. Fuel hat for a 3v s197 work for a fox body tank?
    Or can i swap the 3v tank into a fox body? im sure with fabbing the new tank into the fox that will eliminate the issue completely. Tryin to use as little money and fabbing as possible. All input will be very helpful to this project.

Thanks.
    Wingnut

lookin to use a billet hat for twin pumps from this kit posted on here also if that helps the input.

Comment

Hit me up if you need any Parts. I have a bunch of factory parts for a 3v that I'll sell CHEAP!

Comment

number please or you can text it. what would be better just list the parts you do have man. Im pretty sure you have alot of stuff i need.

Comment

No the hat will not work. I would suggest a replacement 255 for the fox then putting it on a relay with keyed switch and just tuning the computer accordingly. Will need a regulator, rails and few fittings but should be cake to setup and make work. set base fp at 40 lbs with vacuum off and done.

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
            number please or you can text it. what would be better just list the parts you do have man. Im pretty sure you have alot of stuff i need.
            Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
              No the hat will not work. I would suggest a replacement 255 for the fox then putting it on a relay with keyed switch and just tuning the computer accordingly. Will need a regulator, rails and few fittings but should be cake to setup and make work. set base fp at 40 lbs with vacuum off and done.
              i guess i might have included this part of the build i left out quite a bit... this is going to be a fully built motor with H/C/blower 2.8 kenne bell. (NA) for break in. i will attach pictures of the heads and cams i have at the moment ill attach pictures in this topic her in a few. My buddy actually suggested this build due to not such a demand of 3v 4.6 swaps. goal is anywhere from 500-700 with forced induction really do not have a clue what the motor is going to make just more excited about the unique side of it. far as tuning i planned on using you guys at true street for that due to my lack of tuning knowledge.

Comment

little info on the heads 1mm over on intake/exhaust valves exhaust side flowing at 200cfm .550,intake side flowing 296cfm at .550. highload beehive springs with titanium retainers and locks. and ill half to use a 3.7 bore gasket. i bought these at a ridiculous price i could not refuse. cam card is posted in one of the links. and btw to everyone on here sorry for the mass amount of posts, just really really excited about this build.

Comment

very cool build... nothing unique though. They have a write up of it on latemodelrestoration.com. This is the same swap i want to do.
                  sigpic
                  07 vortech GT - Sold
                  88 fox 5.0 lx hatch - Sold
                  09 procharged GT - Sold
                  14 5.0 M6 road racer - Sold
                  96 GT project car - current

Comment

Located a motor!

Comment

Working...
                    X