Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to get a distributor gear pressed off/on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get a distributor gear pressed off/on?

i need to replace the pickup stator in my distributor and need to get the gear pressed off/on preferrably tomorrow. TIA

you location might help.

Comment

Vice and brass punch

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
        you location might help.
        X2
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

whoops...haha, I'm in Grand Prairie/Arlington

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            Vice and brass punch

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
            This is how I do it too. Just go slow and be careful.
            68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
            63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
            i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

You don't need a press to change it out.

Comment

Last one I did was a MSD unit and I fubar'd it using a vice. Tried freezing the dizzy and heating the gear and never could get it. Ended up screwing it up all the hell and had to send it to MSD to get fixed. A press isnt needed but it really helps!

I would take it to Arlington Machine shop and let them do it. Couldnt be that much to change it out.

Comment

Richard's Machine Shop on Hwy10 near157 can probably get you fixed up.

Comment

is it a MSD dizzy? I've done several including 2 of mine. I have a press and I could probably do it for you but I'm not available until Tue, Wed, or Thur.
                    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I have a harbor frieght 12 ton press in the garage and I'm in south arlington. Park springs n i20. If you want to give it a whirl.
                      Rich

Comment

Here is what I did, my 5.0 just died in the middle of the road, so I checked fuel pressure, good. Checked fire, oops no fire, changed coil as a quick fix, well wasnt it, then I had only one option, pick-up or ICM, well to get the pick up changed (which was broke) was to do what you said. Well, I didnt want to jack with a press to get stator out so I called up autozone, they had the dizzy with pick-up for $59 and I put on new ICM. Dropped in, set timing. Car runs like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                        X