For my car which way would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my car which way would you go?

So I got the OK from my gf (which I know that shouldn't matter but I respect her) that I can supercharge or turbo charge my mustang. I want the car to still be street able but want it to be fun and fast to drive. So which way should I go. I know how KB's are on these cars but it seems like everyone is going that route. If I go turbo what size should I go with? Give me some pros and cons for each direction. Thanks
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

im assuming you and g/f live together and split bills right?

oh and nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
      So I got the OK from my gf (which I know that shouldn't matter but I respect her) that I can supercharge or turbo charge my mustang. I want the car to still be street able but want it to be fun and fast to drive. So which way should I go. I know how KB's are on these cars but it seems like everyone is going that route. If I go turbo what size should I go with? Give me some pros and cons for each direction. Thanks
      I think both would be good times. But for the money you cant beat the KB, and the power is instant.

Comment

Yes, we do. And why nitrous? I've always had cars with nitrous on it and know how fun they can be but why would you pick nitrous over SC or TC.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

My vote is a TwinScrew Blower - Whipple/KB/Roush - The power output, power delivery and reliability is best across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
            Yes, we do. And why nitrous? I've always had cars with nitrous on it and know how fun they can be but why would you pick nitrous over SC or TC.
            I think the main reason would be that nitrous is the safest option of the three.

Comment

How quick/fast do you want to go?
              sigpic

Comment

After having a kb on my car for a little over 3 years now, I wouldn't consider anything else for a street car. For a track only car I'd go turbo.

Comment

Whipple or Kenne Bell, in that order. Very streetable when just puttering around and instant Boost when needed along with long term reliability with a "GOOD" tune. Just my .02
                  2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                  Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                  Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                  Speedlogix Catch Can
                  Resonator Delete

Comment

I'd say turbo. You can make more power and be just reliable as a blower.
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I will be going the VMP TVS route. It will still make a respectable 650-700rw and be reasonably priced.

Comment

is it auto or standard?

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
                          is it auto or standard?
                          Standard

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            I will be going the VMP TVS route. It will still make a respectable 650-700rw and be reasonably priced.
                            How much??

Comment

I am a turbocharger fanatic! Had Turbo, nitrous, roots and centri blower cars, it's only turbos for me.
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X