Efi to carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efi to carb

Ok guys I'm tired of messing with the efi shit. I'm going to replace all gaskets on upper and lower intake. Throttle body mass air, and changing the injectors. Something isn't rite pooping thru intake miss firing and etc. I have been messing with this for a month now. Compression test passed lowest cylinder was 140 highest 155. Some type of fuel and timing problems.

Ok this is a weekend car/track car

I was thinking of a Vic jr intake
    With a 750 speed demon( alittle big but once this motor poops going with a 331 or 347 and don't want to buy another carb

Car has ported performer heads
    C4 with 4000 stall with brake and 4.10
    And a f cam
    And a wet nitrous kit

Sounds like it's running lean if it's popping through the intake. I just finished a carb swap on my truck and I couldn't be happier with it. Granted it's a 93 Chevy 1500 350 TBI.

Comment

Imo put a Holley on it.

Comment

I'll buy your rpm 2 and possibly throttle body/egr plate.

Pm if serious about swapping over.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Ok I have two sets of throttle body spacers injectors and mass air

Comment

What Injectors? What mass?

Pm me if needed.

Comment

There are a few things you will need to make the carb conversion besides carb and intake.
              Distributor - MSD or 85 GT dizzy
              Ignition box- MSD 6A/6AL or 85 GT Duraspark
              Throttle cable- 85 GT or aftermarket
              Remove the in-tank efi fuel pump and replace with pickup tube, run a lower pressure carb fuel pump with new fuel line, regulator and relay to power it.

You won't be able to pass inspection depending on what county you live in.
              sigpic

Comment

When i did this on a coupe i had i just got a carb, intake, a junkyard dizzy from a late 80s ford i believe, some chevy ignition module i found laying around and wired it in. Then i stayed with the stock fuel pump and just put a fuel regulator with a return on it to turn the pressure down. Alot of people will tell you thats a bad idea but it worked just fine for the whole time i had it. Then i made some new fuel lines from the frame rails to carb so that it was all hard line. I wished i would have done all this from the beginning instead of messing with some 20 year old half assed wiring for a month
                Last edited by bmxican; 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Yes I have a msd 6aL I will need distributor. I will be buying a Holley blue fuel pump. And drop the gas tank and put a 12 gallon fuel cell in truck.
                  So I will need carb intake fuel pump cell lines and regulator . I will sell all my efi stuff to re coupe some money

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
                    Yes I have a msd 6aL I will need distributor. I will be buying a Holley blue fuel pump. And drop the gas tank and put a 12 gallon fuel cell in truck.
                    So I will need carb intake fuel pump cell lines and regulator . I will sell all my efi stuff to re coupe some money
                    Pm me on the intake/injectors and mass air.

Comment

Best decision ever. Did It to my 89 and couldn't be happier. Just sold all my 302 carb stuff. Went with a 351w
                      Street car.

Comment

this thread sucks........................... your lucky I like you Josh

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAYYYYYY

Comment

Originally posted by Fast.0 View Post
                          this thread sucks........................... your lucky I like you Josh

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAYYYYYY
                          I didn't know Brit was learning to play guitar!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X