motor mounts for 67 mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor mounts for 67 mustang

Does any body know where I can buy the motor mounts for my 67 mustang coupe. I see that the 67 is the only stang that is different. I think the only option is nos parts. thanks for any help
    Originally posted by Baron
    If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Originally posted by ma67cpe View Post
    Does any body know where I can buy the motor mounts for my 67 mustang coupe. I see that the 67 is the only stang that is different. I think the only option is nos parts. thanks for any help
    '68's ahould be the same, too.

Comment

If you are running a small block, late 65-72 should be the same. Autozone carries them for about $10 each.

Comment

It is a small block but in the 67 only they had 2 different sized motor mounts and nobody repops the correct ones.

Comment

The 67 289 used a different mount that is not available new. Change to a 68 (or a 66 I think) frame mount and then you can have your pick of cheap available mounts.

Wayne in FW

Comment

After 11/1/65, The design changed completely. The frame brackets were stamped steel, and the insulator and upper bracket were all one piece (marked C6OE or aftermarket #2257). There was no left or right insulator, the same part was used on both sides. Also after 11/1/65, the unique 289HP mounts were discontinued, all 289 engines used the same mounts.

The most confusing aspect was when Ford altered the angle of the insulator in 1967, which required a new insulator (marked C7ZE or aftermarket #2286) and bracket assembly. This altered the mounting angle of the insulator, to control vibration. Oddly, the 67 frame bracket was compatible with either the 289 engine, or the 390. The bracket varied in the location of the outer bolt hole. This pattern, traced from actual Ford brackets, can be used for identifying brackets, and can also be used as a pattern for drilling when printed out the proper actual size.

In 1968, Ford changed the design again, altering the bracket on coupes and fastbacks to use the 66 style insulator, but retaining the 1967 design in convertibles. This continued through 1970. Oddly, the 1970 BOSS 302 used the 1967 configuration.

Great care must be taken when replacing motor mounts. Although many suppliers offer a correctly-numbered mount for the 1967 design, it has in fact been replaced with the 1966 design, and will not fit properly. Glazier Nolan can provide mounts which fit the 1967 design.

One common misconception is that convertibles had the engine mounted at a different height than coupes. This is a result of force-fitting the incorrect mounts. The convertible mounts were intended to provide the same installed height. The early/late 66 mounts should also result in the same installed height.

Comment

It is a small block but in the 67 only they had 2 different sized motor mounts and nobody repops the correct ones.
              Should be for a (1)390 and a (2)289. They also had a 6 cyl.

Comment

I get my mustang parts at CJ Pony Parts. No shipping. I have a set of motor mounts beside me for my 66
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Falcongunner View Post
                  The 67 289 used a different mount that is not available new. Change to a 68 (or a 66 I think) frame mount and then you can have your pick of cheap available mounts.

Wayne in FW
                  So if I get these and get 68 mustang mounts then I should be good?

MOTOR MOUNTS, 1965-1970, STEEL BRACKETS, SMALL BLOCK, PAIR

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    Should be for a (1)390 and a (2)289. They also had a 6 cyl.
                    So are you saying that a 390 mount is the one that I am missing?

Comment

So if I get these and get 68 mustang mounts then I should be good?

MOTOR MOUNTS, 1965-1970, STEEL BRACKETS, SMALL BLOCK, PAIR
                      Yes.

Wayne in FW

Comment

Originally posted by Falcongunner View Post
                        Yes.

Wayne in FW
                        This is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                        X