Fan clutch ID question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan clutch ID question

I ordered what my coupe needed for a fan clutch (part number 922723, autozone, Torqflo brand). I get it home and notice it is smaller then the one that I took off my 302... I then noticed they had different part numbers... So I reordered the one that came off (ya i know, i shoulda looked beforehand) my motor. 922723 is the clutch needed for carbed Mustang 302's according to Autozone and Oreilly's website. My question is, what is the one I am now replacing actually goto? (part number 922733, autozone, Torqflo brand). It has the same bolt pattern for the fan and the same bolt pattern for the water pump. The 733 is just wider in diameter. Thanks.

I just replaced the fan clutch on my Explorer also and it too was smaller than what was there from factory. I took it back and they told me that was the one for my application. Went home and Googled the shit out of it and it kept pointing to the new one. I put it on but haven't been able to get the truck started so I don't know if its gonna work. Mine is also a Torqflo brand.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

the larger ones are severe or heavy duty. the thinner one is a standard duty clutch. I have the small one on my car and it cools fine.
      1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

THERE is a black magic electric fan in the classifiedds for 50bucks tanner.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
          THERE is a black magic electric fan in the classifiedds for 50bucks tanner.
          Better choice IMO.
          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I know Steve but after 3 days of waiting on a response, I gave up.

Comment

I'm have no info for you on the clutch fan, as I ditched mine when it started acting up.

I have a taurus fan in mine, $19 from the junkyard. and an adjustable controller from o'riellys that was $30. Seems to work well, lots better than the clutch fan ever did.

Comment

Aa long as you upgrade the alternator with it .
                1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Working...
                X