Wanted: My First Mustang Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. But I know all of this already. It was a guy in the navy from Washington state. Moved back to Corsicana. Has a lien. I do not need further assistance tracking it down. I was just giving an update saying I was getting in touch with the owner and wanted to know what people though a fair offer for a base 96 gt with 166k miles was.

Comment

Originally posted by danny g View Post
      Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. But I know all of this already. It was a guy in the navy from Washington state. Moved back to Corsicana. Has a lien. I do not need further assistance tracking it down. I was just giving an update saying I was getting in touch with the owner and wanted to know what people though a fair offer for a base 96 gt with 166k miles was.
      pretty cool you found it. where are you located?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I am all the way up in Staten Island NY Which is one of the boroughs of NYC. I was thinking a fair offer would be blue book plus 500 and if the guy wanted to drive it up here I would pay him the shipping costs i would have incurred. This could be anywhere from 500-800 for shipping i figure. I thinks thats fair.

Comment

Hey guys,

$56.23, plus TTL
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I am all the way up in Staten Island NY Which is one of the boroughs of NYC. I was thinking a fair offer would be blue book plus 500 and if the guy wanted to drive it up here I would pay him the shipping costs i would have incurred. This could be anywhere from 500-800 for shipping i figure. I thinks thats fair.
            It would have to be a hell of a lot more than that to drive a POS mustang that far. It will probably be left in a roadside ditch in Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              It would have to be a hell of a lot more than that to drive a POS mustang that far. It will probably be left in a roadside ditch in Oklahoma.
              I personally wouldnt do it either...but hey doesnt hurt to offer. If the guy needs the cash I rather give it to him then a car transport guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                I would love to have my old 94 back but sometimes its good to let the past live in the past and start something new. Especially after 10 other people have had their hands on it.
                I recently bought back my 96 since it had changed hands 3 times since 09, still had the same inspection sticker and your old tail lights

Comment

How can you say that? You have NO IDEA what condition the car is right??

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                    How can you say that? You have NO IDEA what condition the car is right??
                    Havent heard from the guy yet. Onle snail mailed him yesterday. Obviously I will ask some questions and ask for a couple pics. We are talking about a 16 year old car with 160k miles that has been in an accident a few years ago. I sold it in good condition back in 05. What has happened then will have to be seen. But if he just registered it in Feb I am assuming he is driving it and it works. Ill let you guys know what pans out. About 3k is blue book for good condition. If condition is worse my offer goes down obviously.

Comment

Id say $3k would be tops. You'll have an easy $500 to a grand in transport is guess. There are people on the board however that can set you up with transport suppliers.

Comment

Havent heard from the guy yet. Onle snail mailed him yesterday. Obviously I will ask some questions and ask for a couple pics. We are talking about a 16 year old car with 160k miles that has been in an accident a few years ago. I sold it in good condition back in 05. What has happened then will have to be seen. But if he just registered it in Feb I am assuming he is driving it and it works. Ill let you guys know what pans out. About 3k is blue book for good condition. If condition is worse my offer goes down obviously.
                        bro, i go through corsicana on my way to h-town a couple of times a month. if you could set it up with the seller i would gladly stop by and take a look at it, and or take some pics for you if that might help you out. ive own 7-8 sn95's so i know a little about them.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          bro, i go through corsicana on my way to h-town a couple of times a month. if you could set it up with the seller i would gladly stop by and take a look at it, and or take some pics for you if that might help you out. ive own 7-8 sn95's so i know a little about them.

god bless.
                          Thanks for the offer. I havent even heard back from the guy yet. I think the mail should have got there by now. you've owned 8 sn-95's? Wow thats crazy. Why so many?

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I havent even heard back from the guy yet. I think the mail should have got there by now. you've owned 8 sn-95's? Wow thats crazy. Why so many?
                            because they rule

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              because they rule
                              this!

god bless.

Comment

Would you rather have your first car. 96 gt 5spd...the stripped down police package with roll up windows with a questionable history and prob approching 200k miles. Or, a 96 - 98 cobra which is the car I really wanted when i was younger. I am pretty confident I can pick up a decent 96 - 98 cobra coupe for around 8k. It is not going to be a primary car.
                                I wouldn't listen to most of these naysayers. Just think about how awesome it would be to have you oldcar back ! And fixing it up with your son would be a lot of fun . Just expect it to be in poor condition . I went out looking for a cheap 94 GT expecting poor condition and i found 1 for a thousand bucks, never been wrecked . Sure it needs fixed up but to some people thats half the fun ! Some of these guys wouldnt touch a car with more than 20K original miles lol

Just expect it to be in bad shape compared to the way you last saw it . No big deal really . Nothing a little skill and some moneyz can't cure .

Comment

Working...
                                X