No announcement yet.

Wanted: My First Mustang Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, as stated earlier. Car isnt totaled. it was registered to someone in Corsciana TX a few weeks ago accorind to autocheck

Comment

If you buy a cobra, stay away from fo five sixies. They will blow your motor.
      2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
      2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by danny g View Post
        O well, looks like this forum was a bit of a waste. But at least i made some really great firends.

Seriously though, what would you guys do? The car is probably in pretty rough shape even if I found it. I sent a request into the TX dmv and if that goes no where i may give up.

Would you rather have your first car. 96 gt 5spd...the stripped down police package with roll up windows with a questionable history and prob approching 200k miles. Or, a 96 - 98 cobra which is the car I really wanted when i was younger. I am pretty confident I can pick up a decent 96 - 98 cobra coupe for around 8k. It is not going to be a primary car.
        A waste?

Comment

O well, looks like this forum was a bit of a waste. But at least i made some really great firends.

Seriously though, what would you guys do? The car is probably in pretty rough shape even if I found it. I sent a request into the TX dmv and if that goes no where i may give up.

Would you rather have your first car. 96 gt 5spd...the stripped down police package with roll up windows with a questionable history and prob approching 200k miles. Or, a 96 - 98 cobra which is the car I really wanted when i was younger. I am pretty confident I can pick up a decent 96 - 98 cobra coupe for around 8k. It is not going to be a primary car.
          FWIW, I have never seen an SSP 96 mustang. The SSP package ended in 1994 when the SN95 came out. What you're looking for is considered a GTS model.

Honestly, save your money for a Cobra. You can find one for far less than $8k. 96 GT's were slow as piss.

Comment

The SSP did end with 93 model. 94-95 had a gts model 96 and up was the 248a package. Stripped down gt, no wing, 5 speed, no cruise, no power anything, no fog lights, 3.27 rear. Yes it was slow. But it had some bolt ons and a tune from Larocca's when Laroccca owned the shop and was the man on the east coast. The fact that it was slow doesnt mean anything to me. Honestly I could go out and get coyote if i wanted. Its not the money. Its the memories.

Comment

Comment

i just sent in a form and $6 to tx dmv for the same info. I may give that a shot if I strike out with dmv. Thanks for the tip. Have you ever used them?

Comment

So what's the story on this car? Why do you want it so bad? Just curious

Comment

Always wanted a mustang growing up. Bought it used in 99 when I was 19. Drove it through college and first few years while living on my own. Just alot of good memories. alot of coming of age events is the term I guess. Did all the work on it myself. Kept it in great shape. Sold it when I was getting married because at the time my wife and I were living in apt and didnt have parking for two cars. Regret selling it. But now that 7 years have gone by since I sold it and I own a house with a garage. I would like to buy it back. Fix it up with my 4 year old son who is already a big mustang fan.

Comment

The SSP did end with 93 model. 94-95 had a gts model 96 and up was the 248a package. Stripped down gt, no wing, 5 speed, no cruise, no power anything, no fog lights, 3.27 rear. Yes it was slow. But it had some bolt ons and a tune from Larocca's when Laroccca owned the shop and was the man on the east coast. The fact that it was slow doesnt mean anything to me. Honestly I could go out and get coyote if i wanted. Its not the money. Its the memories.
                      I understand what you're attempting to do.

In my personal experience, the memories I had of Fox bodies and Sn95 cars of my teenage years were absolutely awesome in comparison to my later years when I wanted to re-live them. These cars don't age well.

However, if this is what you want to do, then go right ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post

In my personal experience, the memories I had of Fox bodies and Sn95 cars of my teenage years were absolutely awesome in comparison to my later years when I wanted to re-live them. These cars don't age well.

that is an understatement.

My 86 is sitting in the garage just collecting dust. I really have to come to a decision whether to keep it or not. My son is 2....I really don't know if I can drag this car around for 14 years and let him drive it. I bet it would be pretty cool for him to roll to school in a 40 year old mustang, but man I have no idea what kind of condition it will be in by then. And, I can't imagine restoring it for cheap by that time like you can now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post

Yeah they age pretty bad. I also used to love the 87-93 gt verts. The vanilla ice cars. i think those aged the worst of all. Rarely do you see one on the street that isnt sagging in the rear. frame probably all bent out of shape.

Comment

Always wanted a mustang growing up. Bought it used in 99 when I was 19. Drove it through college and first few years while living on my own. Just alot of good memories. alot of coming of age events is the term I guess. Did all the work on it myself. Kept it in great shape. Sold it when I was getting married because at the time my wife and I were living in apt and didnt have parking for two cars. Regret selling it. But now that 7 years have gone by since I sold it and I own a house with a garage. I would like to buy it back. Fix it up with my 4 year old son who is already a big mustang fan.
                            To be truthful, I would love to have my first fox back.
                            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Yeah they age pretty bad. I also used to love the 87-93 gt verts. The vanilla ice cars. i think those aged the worst of all. Rarely do you see one on the street that isnt sagging in the rear. frame probably all bent out of shape.
                              Fox Verts are for sale EVERYWHERE. From what I can tell, it's similar to trying to sell an HIV infection.
                              - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                              1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

I was busy today. Fridays are always slow at work, Ill try to squeeze some time tomorrow and see if I can locate..

Comment

Working...
                                X