No announcement yet.

My new car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like the vette. not a bad whip for a guy your age. and good call on elliottportworks. lloyd has ported&flow bench a few items for myself and a friend of mine. he does great work and didn't even charge me return shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      gotta hear how this played out
      The AC compressor shelled itself...normally that wouldn't be seen so bad, except it was July and the Dude was planning to drive the car back to Florida.

I just told him straight on it...I had no idea it was going to happen, and I really didn't, it seemed it was one of those cars that never gave a warning, noise, or any indication something was going bad...it just broke and stranded my ass....about the same reliability as most SVO Mustangs I've come across. LOL!!

Anyways...I felt bad about it of course, so I told the guy to just keep $1K of the money and take it...he thought it was acceptable. He called me on his way home to tell me he liked the car and was impressed how good it ran for an LT1, but in addition to the AC clutch locking up it was also starting to make some noise from the compressor or idler pulley (in that area)....that was the last I ever spoke with him. I still wonder if he ever fixed the AC....or if he even made it home. I wasn't about to call and ask, though!
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        The AC compressor shelled itself...normally that wouldn't be seen so bad, except it was July and the Dude was planning to drive the car back to Florida.

I just told him straight on it...I had no idea it was going to happen, and I really didn't, it seemed it was one of those cars that never gave a warning, noise, or any indication something was going bad...it just broke and stranded my ass....about the same reliability as most SVO Mustangs I've come across. LOL!!

Anyways...I felt bad about it of course, so I told the guy to just keep $1K of the money and take it...he thought it was acceptable. He called me on his way home to tell me he liked the car and was impressed how good it ran for an LT1, but in addition to the AC clutch locking up it was also starting to make some noise from the compressor or idler pulley (in that area)....that was the last I ever spoke with him. I still wonder if he ever fixed the AC....or if he even made it home. I wasn't about to call and ask, though!
        Ya, I sold my built LT1 T/A to a kid and he called me 2 nights later with a blown head gasket. I felt bad about it so offered to help him fix it, drove out to his place twice, once to pull it (he took it to get checked), then back to re-install (mind you he lived about 40 miles from me). When it was all bolted back up he didn't even thank me. After that sell I have adopted a "your problem" attitude for used car sales.

Comment

• I traded the Galaxie for a 2004 GT a couple years ago and that night the guy called me wanting to trade back... said he didn't think it was a good idea for him to trade off his daily driver for the Galaxie... keep in mind this trade didn't happen over night it was a 2 day deal because of timing and location.

I told him straight up, man I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say no. a couple weeks later I talked to him and he was happy about the trade...

of course a few months ago I traded him my excursion back for my Galaxie because I watned it back but at least it wasn't the same night haha

I bought a 84 GN right after high school and test drove it twice before I bought it from the used car dealership... I paid for the car and drove it off the lot of course beating on it, and POP.. the intake hose popped off...... I should have known at that point that it was going to be a money pit...
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            Ya, I sold my built LT1 T/A to a kid and he called me 2 nights later with a blown head gasket. I felt bad about it so offered to help him fix it, drove out to his place twice, once to pull it (he took it to get checked), then back to re-install (mind you he lived about 40 miles from me). When it was all bolted back up he didn't even thank me. After that sell I have adopted a "your problem" attitude for used car sales.
            I feel about the same way. Guy bought a thunderbird SC from me last year. Got it home and 5 days later it spun a rod bearing. He wasn't too happy, but the way I see it, I won't purposely sell something that I know is fixing to die, but if the motor falls out of that SOB a mile down the road, it aint my problem.

If I buy a car and something happens to it, I don't call the previous owner bitching, I just fix the damned thing.

Comment

• I sold my SVT Contour to a kid one time. He showed up in a lime green riced out tiburan(sp) that his buddy drove and didn't even care to test drive the car. A week later he calls me and bashes me because the clutch went out on it. I never had a single problem with the damn clutch. I think I saw it on the side of the road about 6-8 months ago in Jacksonville, Fl. I guess he fixed it for a little while.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Has it broke down yet?
                sigpic

Comment

• Congrats on the new ride. LT1's are great engines. I had one for years, bone stock bottom end and ported stock heads, it made 530 RWHP for years, trouble free. I never even replaced the Opti. One of my best buds has a 95 C4 that makes 430 RWHP NA, and has also been together for years without issue. The downsides are the crappy interior and crappy 4L60E. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    Paid $4.5k. Came with and extra set of c5 wheels and tires.
                    Not bad man. Next drop a ls3 in it with a full bolt on an a cam an be done with it
                    440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
                    7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

• You did the right thing cobraman, now just swap a fresh lsx with custom expensive longtubes, a shitload of spray, a sam tune, and some fo-five-sixes!!
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        You did the right thing cobraman, now just swap a fresh lsx with custom expensive longtubes, a shitload of spray, a sam tune, and some fo-five-sixes!!
                        Yeah, I'll just go to my money tree. Lol.

I'm still working on necessary shit like weather stripping, replacing o2's, replacing ckp, Fixing the leaks and alignment issues etc.

I'm trying my best to not get too deep $$ into the car because I'm not sure how long I want to keep it. It will definitely get some exhaust work, a cheap cam, and some port work this summer expecting around 370-390rw
                        2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          Yeah, I'll just go to my money tree. Lol.

I'm still working on necessary shit like weather stripping, replacing o2's, replacing ckp, Fixing the leaks and alignment issues etc.

I'm trying my best to not get too deep $$ into the car because I'm not sure how long I want to keep it. It will definitely get some exhaust work, a cheap cam, and some port work this summer expecting around 370-390rw
                          I'll give you one last chance to take down the coupe before I tear into it.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                          X