Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car not started for a Year ... now will not start ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car not started for a Year ... now will not start ....

Long story short - Dad has cancer and Mom has been at his side - Net Net she has been driving his car back and forth to the Med center. She has not started her car since Jan of 2011 - Yes 2011!

It's in the garage and the battery is in the trunk - I have put a trickle charger on it and while accessories have come on - it will not start. Tried to use jumper cables on it - again would not start.

Is there a differnce in jumper cables to the battery versus just replacing the battery?

I want to get her back onto "her" car so she has a sense of her "previous good old days."

Thanks all for the help and any ideas ........
    sigpic
    08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Originally posted by Mixedup View Post
    Long story short - Dad has cancer and Mom has been at his side - Net Net she has been driving his car back and forth to the Med center. She has not started her car since Jan of 2011 - Yes 2011!

It's in the garage and the battery is in the trunk - I have put a trickle charger on it and while accessories have come on - it will not start. Tried to use jumper cables on it - again would not start.

Is there a differnce in jumper cables to the battery versus just replacing the battery?

I want to get her back onto "her" car so she has a sense of her "previous good old days."

Thanks all for the help and any ideas ........
    The battery either needs a really good charge, or it's fried and needs to be replaced. I am going with fried.

Comment

You'll need a heavy set of jumper cables at minimum like 4 gauge, think battery cables with clamps on the ends. Typical cheapy cables are like 10 gauge with a really think insulation which leads people to think they are heavy. They simply can't carry enough amperage to make up for a hammer dead battery. I ageee with above replace battery and go from there.

Comment

That battery is done. Replace it and you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
        X