Fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pressure

Just put a new regulator on my mustang and trying to wet the fuel pressure and timing.. When I set the timing at 14 and turned the fuel pressure down to 40 pounds car keep wanting to die. Countinue to do so until it got up to 60 pounds and now will idle smooth.. Any suggestion on what I may be doing wrong

Are you adjusting with vacume removed?

Comment

Yes sir.. Timing set at 14..

Comment

what is done to the car?

Comment

you are doing it wrong.

Comment

Ok please inform me.. 306 f cam performer heads 1.6 roller rockers rpm 2 intake 28 pound injectors 73 mass air 75 throttle body msd 6al stock distributor.. What should the timing be set at.. I have it at 14. Fuel pressure at 60 which I know us way High. And shouldn't the tps sensor be at .9

Comment

inform you of what? you already killed the pistons and rings spraying with a poor tune. It's obvious by the attempt to blow the manifold off, that you or anyone else around you has no clue about what is going on. sounds like you need a rebuild and a good tune by someone that know's something about what you are trying to do. then again, you already knew that, so i don't know what else to tell you. sorry bout your luck.

Comment

Jetfast people around him know what their doing but when you go to the track and don't take any of them with you then yeah, he shoulda just ran it on motor, to get it running at its best like that first. I take it, your saying if an engine has a nitrous backfire, the pistons and rings are tore up?

Comment

And yes when I did spray it. I was running good. It wasn't pooping and all this shit.. So it wasn't that bad of tune. I had plugs gapped right. Timing set right and fuel pressure was were it was suspose to.

Comment

Dumb question but you are pulling the spout on the dizzy when adjusting timing, correct ?
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Yes sir

Comment

... need more info.

Comment

Ok what info do you need

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
                            Ok what info do you need
                            eh, I somehow missed this post:
                            Originally posted by juic3d View Post
                            Ok please inform me.. 306 f cam performer heads 1.6 roller rockers rpm 2 intake 28 pound injectors 73 mass air 75 throttle body msd 6al stock distributor.. What should the timing be set at.. I have it at 14. Fuel pressure at 60 which I know us way High. And shouldn't the tps sensor be at .9
                            The timing needs to be where it needs be. There is no perfect number that works for everything. Keep bumping it up until it rattles at very low speeds in 5th gear with a lot of throttle. Fine tune it at the track.

Is your check engine light on? Do you have any codes?

The TPS only needs to be between 0.49v and 1.20v. Anywhere in that range will perform the same... I do like to keep it towards the middle of the range to give a little margin of safety.

Comment

What about my fuel pressure.. Can't keep it running healthy under 50 pounds

Comment

Working...
                              X