Damm vacuum leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damm vacuum leak

I have a terrible vacuum leak and can't find it for shit. Checked all the vacuum hoses, no luck there. Just put new upper and lower intake gaskets. Car is whistling really loud.. Any other suggestions.,

well I would say its at the new gaskets you installed then
    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Lol go figure.. I sprayed starter fluid looking for leaks and. Itching revved up when sprayed in those areas

Comment

Gaskets got blown out by not knowing what someone's doing spraying their car. The whistle is not a vacuum, it's the throttle body. Something is wrong electrically. Your car didn't act funny till after the electrical fire!!

Comment

Does anyone have a throttle body laying around that I could use it

Comment

Dude, the car whistled when it ran its best. It caught fire and hasn't ran the same since. The whistling didn't change it's the exact same whistle as before. If anything check Ur box. It is not a vacuum leak.

Comment

he said it revved up when he sprayed around the intake... now how is that not a vacuum leak??
              1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

No he said it doesn't. If it did I would completely agree with you. But it does not rev uP when he sprays around the intake, throttle body, or any where. Car started a small fire where all the wires come together around the starter relay. Hasn't ran the same since. He also blew out the intake gasket on a nitrous backfire. All cylinders show a minimum of 95 psi compression. So rings and holes are not a concern. I am 99% sure it is electrical. Would almost bet he did t wire something g up right or burnt up the box or a sensor

Comment

Not fires^ wires

Comment

Originally posted by strokin View Post
                    No he said it doesn't. If it did I would completely agree with you. But it does not rev uP when he sprays around the intake, throttle body, or any where. Car started a small fire where all the wires come together around the starter relay. Hasn't ran the same since. He also blew out the intake gasket on a nitrous backfire. All cylinders show a minimum of 95 psi compression. So rings and holes are not a concern. I am 99% sure it is electrical. Would almost bet he did t wire something g up right or burnt up the box or a sensor
                    95psi is not very good on a compression test. have you done a leak down? was the compression test done hot or cold, wet or dry?

Comment

No leak down test. Compression was done cold and dry. You are correct 95 psi isn't the best but it's enough for the motor to fire off and def. tell u that there's not a hole in the piston or missing any rings.

Comment

didn't know the car was in that bad of shape (hole in piston, missing rings, etc), how does the 95psi compare with the other holes?

i sent your buddy a link, do a smoke test on it and see if you can find the source of any vacuum leaks that way.

Comment

Oh no worries? It's not terrible. All the holes measured around the same. 95 being average. The whistle is his throttle body. It's a professional products. Lots and lots of reviews and complaints.

Comment

sounds like the blind leading the blind in here.

Comment

Working...
                            X