help... 2001 Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help... 2001 Cobra

Got a 2001 Cobra vert. that keeps draining the battery. My alternator is good so that's been ruled out. After checking the fuse box under the hood it shows the Maxi 7 drawing power when off... I've checked every where. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

How long does it take to drain down?
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

All newer cars always has some sort of draw, be your radio, ECM,whatever. Your battery my be starting to go south,have you had it ck'ed?

Comment

Oh, shit I did not see your post count,Post titts or GTFO

Comment

new battery and it drains overnight... sorry No tits & staying

Comment

Originally posted by adder View Post
            new battery and it drains overnight... sorry No tits & staying
            Don't worry, a mod will be along soon enough to lock this thread and ban you.

Comment

I know that the 99-04 verts rear view mirror light is notorius for staying on and draining the battery and hard to see that its on, but I also remember reading about a faulty PCM or the gauge cluster.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

thanks for the help Rick. Ill look into that.

Comment

I did a quick search and that number 7, it is the interior lights. This happened to my wifes 01 vert more than once. The MAP lights under the rear view mirror stay on and are very weak, so if one (or both) stays on it will kill the battery. They are hard to see, so close the doors and look at the MAP lights.
                  This or the door switch is broken and staying in the door open loop and it is killing your battery.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i never would have known to check there.. Thanks again for the help sir! Digging into it now and will update if this thread doesnt get locked...

Comment

Titties !!!
                      Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
                      03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Working...
                      X