No announcement yet.

On3 Turbo Kit - stupid idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and those are all hellion kits. It even says so.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      and those are all hellion kits. It even says so.
      You can't be serious.

Comment

I went with the on3 hotside setup due to my smoothed fender aprons. (Turbo is closer to engine)

If not for that, B&G all the way. I had zero issues installing the kit (hotside) we fabbed our own coldside.

Getting what you pay for is a very loose term now days. hell, some of the quickest turbo cars ive seen run china parts.lol.

I plan to put this kit through hell and back. Time will tell.
        One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by onjacks View Post
          I went with the on3 hotside setup due to my smoothed fender aprons. (Turbo is closer to engine)

If not for that, B&G all the way. I had zero issues installing the kit (hotside) we fabbed our own coldside.

Getting what you pay for is a very loose term now days. hell, some of the quickest turbo cars ive seen run china parts.lol.

I plan to put this kit through hell and back. Time will tell.

Let us know how it turns out.
          440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
          7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

<- shameless plug. My b&g fox kit is for sale in the classifieds.

Comment

How is the b&g base kit for 2k?

The last one I got from him was 3k 5 years ago.

Going in a fairmont. I might just get the hot side and do the rest.

Hard to beat 2k

Comment

I wouldnt order anything from On3.
                I ordered a kit for a 351 and they sent me a 302 hotside, I have over 20 emails saying they shipped it, UPS lost it but could never get a tracking number. The emails stopped would not answer there phone. So i ordered the B&G hotside, on3 has to be the worst company out there.

Comment

I bought my kit off of a board member. sucks to hear about your luck man. It will be worh all the crap in the end.
                  One day at a time.

Comment

I remember Brian creating an entry level kit that was supposed to compete more head to head with On3 (cheaper possibly mass produced kit). I don't recall the details but it was a response to the low price point. My kit is his stage one kit which had the 3-1/2 dp an mp turbo at the time. The price is $2900 on his site. I'm selling my used stage one kit for $2k.

Comment

All that work and selling the car. I know you got a new one, but you will regret it.

Comment

i have yet to regret getting rid of my TT 5.0 for the new 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                          Brian is a GREAT guy to do business with, and again, I highly recommend him..

Having said that, I've recently tuned a car with an ON3 kit, his kit fit with no issues that I'm aware of. I still don't like them though - as far as I know he's a cheap copy. If you're going to copy it, at least A) make it better B)make it cheaper or C)make it better AND cheaper.
                          So would you recommend a BG turbo kit for an application like mine? Rblock, trying to make 1000+ hp? Or one of your turbo kits?
                          -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
                          -1993 Cobra- 700rw
                          -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
                          -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
                          -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

I say brooks, but its just because ive watched him from his first kit on the red hatch.

He builds some awesome kits. Plus he is local to dfw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                              I say brooks, but its just because ive watched him from his first kit on the red hatch.

Yes he does!

I think he needs to build his first S-197 turbo kit

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

He is who I planned on using until I saw his recommendation for another turbo kit. I guess I should get his number and give him a call. Gonna sell this HP single kit soon
                                -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
                                -1993 Cobra- 700rw
                                -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
                                -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
                                -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Working...
                                X