No announcement yet.

On3 Turbo Kit - stupid idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are using the 87 as a daily and it runs fine, I would leave it be.

If you want to turbo something, why not do your '90(in your sig)?

Comment

Brian is a GREAT guy to do business with, and again, I highly recommend him..

Having said that, I've recently tuned a car with an ON3 kit, his kit fit with no issues that I'm aware of. I still don't like them though - as far as I know he's a cheap copy. If you're going to copy it, at least A) make it better B)make it cheaper or C)make it better AND cheaper.

Comment

I have a running BG Custom kit on my car. Another plus for Brian.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          If you are using the 87 as a daily and it runs fine, I would leave it be.

If you want to turbo something, why not do your '90(in your sig)?
          agreed!

Comment

I had a decent experience with On3. Bought their 2v kit with the MP turbo and everything was shipped within a week. The kit is now on a friends 04 running strong with zero issues (minus crappy v-bands). That's MY experience, not some he said / she said drama.

Comment

the link to B*G Turbos has only Hellion kits for any mod motor cars.

To be honest its hard to weigh the benefits of a 2000 dollar kit vs a 6500 dollar kit. Even if you have to fix some things or get some new v-bands, those fixes probably wont add up to 4500 dollars.

From what i read, the Gen-2 On3 kits have a lot better ground clearance and are easier to install.

Comment

Um if im not mistaken. I think doug on here has an on3? Maybe a b&g. Either way dont mod a daily driver especially one that is almost 2 decades old lol
                1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

100 shot, screw the turbo
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I'm installing an on3 kit right now. Everythings going together pretty good so far. The v-bands and hose clamps are kinda cheap but they should work fine. I would recommend getting the maf bracket welded on before it's shipped. I should have mine running in the next week or so. I'll keep you updated
                    1972 F100
                    428 CJ
                    C6

"What ever is the hardest, takes the longest, and makes me the maddest...thats what i want to do."

Comment

Originally posted by juicedgt View Post
                      i'm installing an on3 kit right now. Everythings going together pretty good so far. The v-bands and hose clamps are kinda cheap but they should work fine. I would recommend getting the maf bracket welded on before it's shipped. I should have mine running in the next week or so. I'll keep you updated
                      big pimp!
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                        the link to B*G Turbos has only Hellion kits for any mod motor cars.

To be honest its hard to weigh the benefits of a 2000 dollar kit vs a 6500 dollar kit. Even if you have to fix some things or get some new v-bands, those fixes probably wont add up to 4500 dollars.

From what i read, the Gen-2 On3 kits have a lot better ground clearance and are easier to install.
                        Ded

Comment

I've got a B&G kit on mine and love it.

Comment

The main deciding factor when I bought the on3 kit versus a BG, was when I called BG they told me it would be several weeks(6 IIRC) before I would receive it. The on3 kit was in stock, and delivered within a week.

My kit is still running on a buddy's car.

Comment

On3's kit will always be in stock, it's made by 8 year old chinese kids (really) by the hundereds and drop shipped for Chad/Jegs/whatever.

B&G will have a wait as the kits are made by Brian and Gabe and they generally have a high demand due to rep and quality.

My first B&G kit took 5months from date of order and I wouldn't have done it anyother way.

I've worked on and installed lots of on3 kits, not all are ill fitting garbage, but it's not just the kit you need to worry about with that company. Maybe since Jegs got involved the other issues won't be as bad, IDK?
                              Ded

Comment

Oh, believe me I've seen both and the BG kit is far superior, but I wanted it right then and there. The problem I had with mine was the engine it got bolted to didn't appreciate the extra pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                X