On3 Turbo Kit - stupid idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On3 Turbo Kit - stupid idea?

Looking for some ideas here... my 87GT is my daily driver. I drive maybe 20 miles during the week, but I drive 630 miles every single weekend (Little Rock to Dallas, and then back). The car is mostly stock, only mods are exhaust and a shifter, both of which were done before I got it. I do know it is a non-HO motor. I pulled the 4.30's that were in it out and put 2.73's in it since I spend so much time on the highway.

So here's my question: Would putting an On3 kit on this car be a bad idea?

It has to remain my daily, and has to remain reliable... but I'm tired of getting my ass whooped every time someone rolls up next to me!

I also have another 302 block that has an E cam with matching springs, better ignition, HO, shorty's or equal length headers not sure which, that I could swap out if the benefit is worth it...

Thoughts? I like the On3 kit due to the price. Don't have $3k to dump in it, and from what I see the On3 kits are ~$1400ish... but of course I haven't read into it much either...

on 3 kit would be a great mod.
    modding your daily will be a bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
      modding your daily will be a bad idea
      x1million

and i've heard some not favorable things about the on3 kit

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        x1million

Don't get the low end turbo and you will be fine...spend the extra few hundred and your time....other than that I've heard they are great
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Cobraboy says go for it.
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Dawkins View Post
              Cobraboy says go for it.
              Lol, his still runs.. sorta.
              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

x1million

X1000

And the owner Chad is a piece of shit!

Go to www.theturboforums.com and search on3, you'll find hard facts on this kit, the durability and a lot of other issues.
                Ded

Comment

x1million

^This.

The dude that owns On3 is a real turd burglar and has had a lot of shady dealings in the past on several forums, including Corral. From what I have been told by first hand users it looks like the tubing is made out of Chinese pot metal.

Comment

BG's basic turbo kits are fucking cheap for what they are, and Brooks recommends them every time I ask about turbos. On3 just isn't worth the risk, with BG on the scene.

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                      ^This.

The dude that owns On3 is a real turd burglar and has had a lot of shady dealings in the past on several forums, including Corral. From what I have been told by first hand users it looks like the tubing is made out of Chinese pot metal.
                      Yep! he is a liar and a thief! and he was banned from multiple sites as a vendor and member.
                      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        BG's basic turbo kits are fucking cheap for what they are, and Brooks recommends them every time I ask about turbos. On3 just isn't worth the risk, with BG on the scene.

http://www.bgturbokits.com/storebg/index.php
                        Brian horne!! real good guy! He'll even fix used kits, on the 3rd owner for free.
                        Ded

Comment

Another NO for On3 and a big thumbs up for BG. If you cant afford to do it right the first time, don't do it.
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

heard some good stuff about b&g, they even make an lsx-mustang kit (although i'll stick with mine)

Comment

Brian is like the "turbostang" of ohio! Anything custom! I've had 4 of his kits, 3 regular and 1 88mm "drag radial kit".
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X