No announcement yet.

no 12volt power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would check for short to grounds. Maybe the fuse is to small? Somebody else needs to chime in.

Comment

AWG Wire size chart and ampacity table for design engineers including skin depth frequencies and tensile strength data; electrical cable size

Comment

So far we've found a faulty ignition switch, probably fried when the incident occured that caused the other symptoms. Replaced that and have been isolating circuits by removing fuses. I believe there is a short circuit in the harness before the fusebox, specifically the black/green wire that supplies power to fuses 2, 11, 8, and circuit breaker for power windows. With those fuses removed, plus a couple of other fuses that supply some of the main circuits, we're still blowing fusable link as soon as key is turned to RUN. Which tells me it's something in the harness.

So I'm having him snip the black/green wire from ignition switch, and at the fuse box, and join those wires together outside the harness, thus bypassing that portion of the harness. We'll see if that works, and if not, it'll be a matter of doing the same thing to a couple of other wires.

Since he's going carb he's not going to need alot of that harness anyway and we'll make our own if necessary.

Lemme know, Junior!

Comment

Working...
        X