Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 E150 Van, 302 Fuel injected. Racing idle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 E150 Van, 302 Fuel injected. Racing idle.

Like the title says, it's a 1991 E150 Van with a fuel injected 5.0. Has a little over 100k miles on it.

Fisrt off, the idles races, probably around 5k. Coolant temp always read real low but things smelled really hot. Would also cut out under load while driving. Let up off the throttle and it would run again. Step back on the gas to hard and it would fall on it's face again.

So far I've replaced:

Fuel filter
    IAC Valve
    MAP Sensor
    PCV valve
    Radiator (the old one was clogged)
    Radiator Cap
    Coolant temp sensor
    Thermostat & Gasket
    backflushed the engine and put new coolant in
    I blocked off the EGR valve incase the diaphram was leaking and didn't find any vacuum leaks.

After all that I start it up and it idles fine. After driving it around to warm it up the idle goes racing again. If I unplug the IAC it idles normal. If I unplug the electrical connector on the MAP it idles normal. If I unplug the vacuum to the MAP it idles normal.

I also noticed that once it warms up the CEL comes on. It's gotta be related.

I can't remember how to get the trouble codes using the CEL. So if anyone has a diagram to do the jumper and all that I'd appreciate it. Besides that what would you look at next?

Any help and ifo is much appreciated.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Here is how you check the codes.
    HW33 DTC P1445: CHECK PURGE FLOW (PF) SENSOR HIGH VOLTAGE TO PCM Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1445 indicates that Self-Test has detected a PF sensor circuit input above the maximum. Possible Causes: PF shorted to VPWR (Vehicle Power … Continued

The codes will be telling, but my money is on the TPS and the ECT. My F150 was having this same problem and it turned out to be them. COuld be the IAT as well.

Comment

The ECT was replaced when I did the parts listed in the OP. I'll check the TPS. Thanks for the link to get the codes.
      "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
      X