Machine shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine shop

So, I'm about to change out ball joints (upper and lower) on both wheels on my 92 Dakota. I'm going to pull the arms because I have to change the bushings too, so I was trying to see if anyone could help me out with a press to remove them, and press the new ones back in.

AutoZone has a press you can rent? I did mine on my Expedition and it was not to bad, actually pretty easy!

Comment

Easy to do on the car, with the right press. Throw em in the freezer (new balljoints) they will go in a little easier.

Comment

Why not have JR do it? he's down the street at dfw frame.

Comment

I forgot about JR, I'm sure he doesn't remember me.
          I know I can rent the tool at autozone... was hoping I could get it done a lil faster thats all.

Comment

I can hit him up and set something up if you want. I bet they'd do it for cheaply. AZ will do it for the rental fee (free on return) otherwise Chris Johnson does that shit on the side and could probably run by your house and do it this weekend. I'll be on the box in a few hours, can get you his number or a price if ya want. i bet he'd do it on the cheap cheap.

Comment

Did you get em done? What part of town? I am in South Arlington. I have a kit and a 12 ton press(hf but I had done mine on several vehicles).
              Rich

Comment

Working...
              X