Can pass inspection with no cata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post
    If they forgo the visual inspection it is possible. A well tuned pre-OBDII car can run clean enough that the cat is not necessary to pass an inspection.

A post OBD-II car is much easier.
    Hmm well tuned. Well I do have my timing advanced 2 degrees, and I have to run 93 octane. Maybe that will help somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
      Hmm well tuned. Well I do have my timing advanced 2 degrees, and I have to run 93 octane. Maybe that will help somehow?
      No, you will want to pull the spout connector and you will have the best chance of passing.

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
        Higher octane fuels will hinder the ability to pass an emmisions test.

Comment

My '94 Cobra passed the sniffer just fine with no cats. Backed the timing off to 10 degrees, 87 octane and a bottle of RXP in the tank.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

My '90 GT passed with flying colors and no cats...numerous times. I never did anything special to make it pass either. No RxP..connectors pulling...etc.
            Originally posted by grove rat
            shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Same here, have a 90 5.0 and passed it great without the cats and spout still in

Comment

Working...
              X