Can pass inspection with no cata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can pass inspection with no cata?

On a few other forums I have seen some people saying that they can pass inspection with no cats on their car. The guy i take my stuff to doesn't look under the car. So maybe someone here can tell me if you think my stang will pass with no cats?

It is a 1994 GT. My brother in law was getting rid of some old parts out of he garage and so he gave me a x pipe which i already put on.

But inspection time is coming so i was wondering what my odds of passing would be without having to put that stock jhunker back on there.

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
    On a few other forums I have seen some people saying that they can pass inspection with no cats on their car. The guy i take my stuff to doesn't look under the car. So maybe someone here can tell me if you think my stang will pass with no cats?

It is a 1994 GT. My brother in law was getting rid of some old parts out of he garage and so he gave me a x pipe which i already put on.

But inspection time is coming so i was wondering what my odds of passing would be without having to put that stock jhunker back on there.
    Hehe, slim to none since it's the sniffer test. The people that are getting inspected likely have 96+ where you can trick the computer. The ONLY shot that you will have is to pull the spout plug.

Comment

A newer engine might, but not an old five liter. No way. Switch the old exhaust on, pass the inspection, and then switch back to the no-cat setup.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My '94 Lightning passed with ease, no cats. Mechanic did the test for grins. He could tell without a visual inspection when it pulled up that it didn't have cats.

Comment

Maybe try running a bottle of RXP through it right before you test.
          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
            My '94 Lightning passed with ease, no cats. Mechanic did the test for grins. He could tell without a visual inspection when it pulled up that it didn't have cats.
            My 1990 Bronco did as well as my 87 Jeep wth the 302 in it. I put cats back on the Bronco and it did do a little better but not much. The Jeep had just slipped out of that range to need the snifer but we wanted to see.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My 86 vert had well over 200k on it, no cats, and passed every year on the rollers.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                Maybe try running a bottle of RXP through it right before you test.
                Yeah how exactly does that stuff work? I mean i see that everyone seems to like it but they say to put it in very near to inspection time?

So maybe its not just the run of th mill cleaner? Its better used to fool the sniffer somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                  Yeah how exactly does that stuff work? I mean i see that everyone seems to like it but they say to put it in very near to inspection time?

So maybe its not just the run of th mill cleaner? Its better used to fool the sniffer somehow?
                  The guys at Oreilly's told me to put in a bottle with half or 3/4 tank gas, take it on the highway and do a few red line pulls (run at least 5-10 miles), then get it tested.

"Benefits - What does RxP do? RxP enhances combustion. This provides several benefits including: de-carbonization of the combustion chamber, improved economy in most vehicles, significant reduction in emissions, more horsepower, reduced engine pinging and knocking plus smooth and quiet running."

Answers here: http://www.rxp.com/FAQs.htm
                  WRX

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    Hehe, slim to none since it's the sniffer test. The people that are getting inspected likely have 96+ where you can trick the computer. The ONLY shot that you will have is to pull the spout plug.
                    This. There is no way in hell it will pass. I know cause I've tried them all on my old 95.

Comment

If they forgo the visual inspection it is possible. A well tuned pre-OBDII car can run clean enough that the cat is not necessary to pass an inspection.

A post OBD-II car is much easier.

Comment

they don't care here (cook county) woooot wooot
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                          This. There is no way in hell it will pass. I know cause I've tried them all on my old 95.
                          wrong. gt40 head'd with full off road exhaust but stock cam and computer 95gt passed every year as long as i pulled the spout. drove like ass but it passed the sniffer easy and just slipped the guy a twenty dolla bill not to look under the car.

Comment

My 86 SVO passed in AZ and TX with a hollowed out cat. Passed visual and sniffer, multiple times.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

My 95 F150 with a 351w GT40 heads, E cam, headers, full 3" exhaust dumped, no cats, no smog, no egr, passed the sniffer more than once.

Comment

Working...
                              X