looking for a potential cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a potential cause

My 91 sierra with a 350 is acting up. Idles very rough (almost a cammed sound) and the fuel is very rich. I'm thinking faulty injectors but I'm wondering if there's any other potential causes.

Its a TBI, it could be a myriad of things. Ignition weak, plugs fouled, O2 sensors, map sensor, fuel pressure regulator, etc. What have you checked?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      Its a TBI, it could be a myriad of things. Ignition weak, plugs fouled, O2 sensors, map sensor, fuel pressure regulator, etc. What have you checked?
      I've only checked the injectors because they were easily accessible. I'm going to get a new cap/rotor, injectors, plug wires, and plugs to start out. I guess after that I will work my way back. Just looking for a list of potential causes. While I don't have any problem turning a wrench on a car, I'm not as familiar with TBI cars so troubleshooting is a little more difficult for me.

Comment

Map sensor or crank positioning sensor. My dodge was acting like what you are describing and it was the map sensor.

Comment

I appreciate the suggestions. Probably just going to replace all of the above as it is an older vehicle and I don't think it would hurt.

Comment

Working...
          X