power trax vs detroit true trac or Lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power trax vs detroit true trac or Lsd

My car is spinning only one wheel and im debating on either 3 listed for a rebuild. I can either just get new clutches and save alot of money for awhile but later on they will wear out again or i can go with power trax or detroit true trac but have never experienced other then Lsd. I daily drive my car and will be pushing around 900whp soon. I wouldnt mind a little clunking or noise. If anyone has had good luck with power trax or detroit true trac advise appreciated.
    440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
    7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

I have the True Trac in the GTO and it seems fine. I drive the GTO alot, and like I stole it and I didn't want to have the clunky of a true locker.

John bought the True Trac set up after I got mine and he hasn't had any troubles either
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I've used posi's and LSD's and Like them both. I've got a practically new Auburn pro 31 spline posi sitting around doing nothing if you are interested.

Comment

I love the trutrac, really solid feel and has proved strong so far.

Comment

<------ has a TrueTrac and couldn't be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by 03silversnake View Post
            My car is spinning only one wheel and im debating on either 3 listed for a rebuild. I can either just get new clutches and save alot of money for awhile but later on they will wear out again or i can go with power trax or detroit true trac but have never experienced other then Lsd. I daily drive my car and will be pushing around 900whp soon. I wouldnt mind a little clunking or noise. If anyone has had good luck with power trax or detroit true trac advise appreciated.
            Sounds slooooow!
            Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
            03gt intech POWA!

Comment

I just ordered a true trac for the truck.

You might also want to search for "value trac". They are made in the same factory using the same tooling, but are branded a different name, cheaper too!
              Ded

Comment

detroit true trac

I went with the detroit true trac. Thanks for your help. I hope it holds up.
                440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
                7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

Got true track installed and it drives like stock but with alot better traction.
                  440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
                  7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

i was gunna say the auburns are junk from my experience

Comment

Working...
                    X