2002 GT help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 GT help

my friend was driving down buckner and was forced in to a deep puddle of water by another driver it was raining hard and darkin that area so he didnt see it anyway the car just shut off immediately and wont turn on at all just barely a click but the battery is brand new and still has full power? so what other things should he look at? he is praying no water got up into the CAI so his fingers are crossed
    RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Water got into the engine. Pull the plugs and turn it over, check the oil.

Be lucky it didn't break a rod, and or the block. Being that it's not turning over, there is still water in the chamber and everything is still together.

Could have a bent rod and or valves too.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      Water got into the engine. Pull the plugs and turn it over, check the oil.

Be lucky it didn't break a rod, and or the block. Being that it's not turning over, there is still water in the chamber and everything is still together.

Could have a bent rod and or valves too.
      I don't think so. I have a 99 GT sitting in my driveway that was hydrolocked from a bad head gasket. It would crank just a little bit as the water came up, then it would stop. Unless one of the cylinders is completely full, I am going with an electrical bug.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
        my friend was driving down buckner and was forced in to a deep puddle of water by another driver it was raining hard and darkin that area so he didnt see it anyway the car just shut off immediately and wont turn on at all just barely a click but the battery is brand new and still has full power? so what other things should he look at? he is praying no water got up into the CAI so his fingers are crossed
        Key elements.

Comment

Key elements.
          Thanks, I can read. I am saying that the mechanical aspect doesn't sound right to me. Deep water can do all kinds of shit to the electrical system. OP, try to spin the car over with a ratchet, should tell you if it's hydrolocked or not.

Comment

i drove through some deep water back in the day and had to pull the plugs...two of them were wet and water did shoot out after turning the motor over.

another possibility is that the mass air meter got wet and isnt working right. dry it off good and check all the plugs. it would crank up but wouldnt stay running long.
            2011 Mustang GT
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I don't think so. I have a 99 GT sitting in my driveway that was hydrolocked from a bad head gasket. It would crank just a little bit as the water came up, then it would stop. Unless one of the cylinders is completely full, I am going with an electrical bug.
              Something electrical in the starting system wouldnt cause the car to shut off. If it were anything electrical it wouldn't interfere with the starter from engaging and turning the car over.

Comment

Something electrical in the starting system wouldnt cause the car to shut off. If it were anything electrical it wouldn't interfere with the starter from engaging and turning the car over.
                You have a point. I thought that the starter relay was part of the CCRM, but some research shows that it isn't. If the CCRM shorts out, then it could cause the dieing issue, but it wouldn't explain the no crank issue.

Comment

my friend had a mechanic from town east ford to check it out and it is LOCKED!!! damn he has no luck he had just bought it too! had it for like 4-5 hours before this happened! anybody got a deal on a 03 on up motor for sale?
                  RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

my friend had a mechanic from town east ford to check it out and it is LOCKED!!! damn he has no luck he had just bought it too! had it for like 4-5 hours before this happened! anybody got a deal on a 03 on up motor for sale?
                    Just pull the plugs and get the water out, there is a decent chance that it's fine and will fire right back up.

Comment

I can get deals on rebuilt motors 3 year 36k mile warrenty

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                        are you ever going to answer my pm?

Comment

same thing happen to a v6 stang i bought an all i did is pulled plugs out cranked it over to get water out put them back in changed the oil and ran just as good as b4.
                          440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
                          7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

The last hydrolocked 4.6 I worked on had the rod bent so bad, the crank weight was hitting the piston skirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                              Mid city motors?

Comment

Working...
                              X