PSI not the issue-stand alone fuel cell w/internal pump for Fuel solenoid

here are the plugs from the last time NGK 7
    changed them for heat range #8
    Just sharing in case some of you out there see something I missed
    Thanks for looking

1-4 left to right

5-8 left to right

#5 only one with some "pepper" marks

how much nitrous? what fuel are you using? how much timing are you running? is this carbed or fuel injection? looks like you may have some oiling issues on a few holes.

Comment

#3 little on the lean side maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
        how much nitrous? what fuel are you using? how much timing are you running? is this carbed or fuel injection? looks like you may have some oiling issues on a few holes.
        175 shot, c12 for nitrous only stand alone cell, EFI diable chip tune.
        noticed the oil too...

Originally posted by black50 View Post
        #3 little on the lean side maybe?
        It did lean a bit 13.6 afr, not sure what's causing this as it has a custom tune...

Comment

Were these plugs pulled on the dyno after the pull, or after you loaded it up and took it home?

Comment

Were these plugs pulled on the dyno after the pull, or after you loaded it up and took it home?
            After driving it home....

Comment

the oil tells me you already have some ring sealing issues going on. the fuel on the base ring tells me they were not pulled after a wot pull. 175 shot means nothing to me. What is the nitrous jet size? single nozzel or plate? are you running high fuel pressure or low fuel pressure? what fuel jet? Where is your timing at?

Comment

the oil tells me you already have some ring sealing issues going on. the fuel on the base ring tells me they were not pulled after a wot pull. 175 shot means nothing to me. What is the nitrous jet size? single nozzel or plate? are you running high fuel pressure or low fuel pressure? what fuel jet? Where is your timing at?
                Dual shark nozzle set up
                Low fuel pressure (carb pump) with pair .54 fuel jet's.
                Timing is where tune(chip) is or supposed to be= not sure..

Comment

what are the nitrous jets? what is your fuel pressure?

Comment

what are the nitrous jets? what is your fuel pressure?
                    .52 8-10 psi

Comment

you should be alot richer then 13.6 at wot with those jets and fuel pressure. you have an up stream air leak, a bad sensor, or you are sampling after a catalytic converter. thats also closer to 200-225 depending on the configuration of the n2o side of the system. and around 400 worth of fuel. i would not ad anymore nitrous until you get it sorted out, or surley you will hurt it, if you haven't already. looks over timed over rich to me. but hard to really say as they were not pulled after the pull.

Comment

you should be alot richer then 13.6 at wot with those jets and fuel pressure. you have an up stream air leak, a bad sensor, or you are sampling after a catalytic converter. thats also closer to 200-225 depending on the configuration of the n2o side of the system. and around 400 worth of fuel. i would not ad anymore nitrous until you get it sorted out, or surley you will hurt it, if you haven't already. looks over timed over rich to me. but hard to really say as they were not pulled after the pull.
                        Wideband was read via tailpipes, no cats 3" exhaust
                        I think my issue is with the switch selection for the tune as it missed as
                        if rev limiter was on which is at 8k on the nitrous tune or should be.

Not the session in issue with the 13.6 afr, this session returned with 2 step higher jets on fuel
                        still missed this time at 6300-after this bottle ran empty....
                        Last edited by robert; 02-18-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

need to pull the plugs right after the run or you are reading the info from the ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpony View Post
                            need to pull the plugs right after the run or you are reading the info from the ride home.

X2 need to pull plugs after run to be acuurate.
                            81 LX
                            82 GT

Comment

I say the timing is off. Are you running it set for the tune or the spray? Also what cam are you running?
                              Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Working...
                              X