Is this price right on a BOSS 302 intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
    That intake is not for strip....at all. If you want to buy it for looks.....cool. But don't expect any gains on the strip......only losses. As SonicblueGT03 stated. That intake was specifically made for high RPM road racing. That is it.
    I wonder why the manifold works well with the lower compression 5.0 in the f-150 and loses power on the GT version...???

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
      I wonder why the manifold works well with the lower compression 5.0 in the f-150 and loses power on the GT version...???
      Different cam profiles or valve timing in the tune?

How different are the stock intakes between the GT and the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
        The Boss may make more peak power than a stock truck intake, but I bet a dollar the same truck would be quicker with a stock GT intake than either the truck or Boss intake.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

But it looks a hell of a lot better than the stock f150 intake lol

Comment

Yeah, it's beautiful. Unfortunately it's only good for pure race cars that live at 7k or to get a peak number on a dyno. As mentioned above, most cars are actually a little quicker without it.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
              Unless you're looking to slow your car down a few tenths, I'd pass on the Boss intake. It's designed for very upper rpm gains, useless on the street or the strip. It slowed my car down nearly 3 tenths.
              You got a mediocre tune or you didn't wail on it.

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
              Really? Damn that sucks, I was hoping a all around gain cause it looks really cool under the hood.
              You lose SOME lower end torque, but the upper RPM HP certainly cancels it out.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Yeah, it's beautiful. Unfortunately it's only good for pure race cars that live at 7k or to get a peak number on a dyno. As mentioned above, most cars are actually a little quicker without it.

I didn't gain much in the 1/8th ET-wise, but I gained almost 2mph trap speed. I know for a fact my car pulled noticeably harder from 50mph+ after the BOSS... when WOT, it never made less than 400rwhp after getting into 3rd gear, I was banging 7,700rpm 2-3 and 3-4 shifts and kept right on the ass of a number of 09+ CTS-Vs and walked off from half a dozen non-Z06 C6s. Took it to a few modded 03-04 Cobras as well.

I ran STROKD in his FRC that trapped 115mph, I put half a car on him twice and I had a 200lb passenger to boot.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I've got a great tune, ran 12.10 consistently without it and 12.40s with it. Same day, same track, same conditions. If you gained anything at all in the 1/4, then that makes exactly one person that's had that experience that I've heard of. Not that it can't happen, just haven't heard of it before.
                Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                You got a mediocre tune or you didn't wail on it.

You lose SOME lower end torque, but the upper RPM HP certainly cancels it out.

I didn't gain much in the 1/8th ET-wise, but I gained almost 2mph trap speed. I know for a fact my car pulled noticeably harder from 50mph+ after the BOSS... when WOT, it never made less than 400rwhp after getting into 3rd gear, I was banging 7,700rpm 2-3 and 3-4 shifts and kept right on the ass of a number of 09+ CTS-Vs and walked off from half a dozen non-Z06 C6s. Took it to a few modded 03-04 Cobras as well.

I ran STROKD in his FRC that trapped 115mph, I put half a car on him twice and I had a 200lb passenger to boot.

Comment

I've got a great tune, ran 12.10 consistently without it and 12.40s with it. Same day, same track, same conditions. If you gained anything at all in the 1/4, then that makes exactly one person that's had that experience that I've heard of. Not that it can't happen, just haven't heard of it before.
                  Say man, are you calling my friend a liar?!? I'll give you a chance to appologize or re-write what you mean before I perma-ban you!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Say man, are you calling my friend a liar?!? I'll give you a chance to appologize or re-write what you mean before I perma-ban you!
                    Perma-ban? For having a different opinion and voicing it? Do what you feel like you need to do to make yourself feel better.

I'm just saying he's the first I've heard to say they actually gained anything from the intake in the 1/4. Even though he posted no times verifying any of his claims. Quantifiable results are all I deal in. "Butt dyno" numbers don't mean much to me. Hell, my car has "felt a lot stronger" on several occasions, but the numbers never backed up the feeling.

Comment

Perma-ban? For having a different opinion and voicing it? Do what you feel like you need to do to make yourself feel better.
                      lol!

Hey man, if Donald sez that he ran an 11.90 in his new 5.0 with a back seat full of midgets and a 40lb bag of kittly litter in his trunk with a BOSS intake, you better get your ass down to the FRPP and get you a BOSS intake fool!
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

lol!

Hey man, if Donald sez that he ran an 11.90 in his new 5.0 with a back seat full of midgets and a 40lb bag of kittly litter in his trunk with a BOSS intake, you better get your ass down to the FRPP and get you a BOSS intake fool!
                        I've got 2 of them already, don't need another one!

Comment

Two what, midgets or kitty litter?

Comment

Two what, midgets or kitty litter?
                            Midgets. Doesn't everyone keep two in the trunk? I mean, you never know when you're going to need a couple.

Comment

I'm just saying he's the first I've heard to say they actually gained anything from the intake in the 1/4. Even though he posted no times verifying any of his claims. Quantifiable results are all I deal in. "Butt dyno" numbers don't mean much to me. Hell, my car has "felt a lot stronger" on several occasions, but the numbers never backed up the feeling.
                              8.02 @ 89.1 pre BOSS
                              7.91 @ 91.7 post BOSS

419rwhp post BOSS @ Gearheads
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                                8.02 @ 89.1 pre BOSS
                                7.91 @ 91.7 post BOSS

419rwhp post BOSS @ Gearheads
                                Fair enough.

First run with the Boss intake -

Best run with the Boss intake

And after reinstalling the stock intake -

Best run with the stock intake

And just for the record, with the stock intake she made 436 at the wheels. No dyno numbers with the Boss intake installed, but it obviously slowed my car down so I'd expect the power output to be down, at least under 7500.

Comment

Working...
                                X