Is this price right on a BOSS 302 intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this price right on a BOSS 302 intake

Every else I have looked it's close to 530 something. Is this the same intake and everything I need to swap out?
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-9424-M50BR/

Every else I have looked it's close to 530 something. Is this the same intake and everything I need to swap out?
    Latemodel's comes with a tune for $444.99, or plain like that for $399.99.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

But is it just the intake or does it come with everything for the swap? I just looked at HPP's website and they have the boss intake for 494 and it comes with everything for the swap.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

I'd bet it's just the intake.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That's what I'm thinking to for both latemodel and summit. Probably going to buy HPP's ones cause I just got off another website and they are asking 599.99 for the intake and accessories.

Comment

Unless you're looking to slow your car down a few tenths, I'd pass on the Boss intake. It's designed for very upper rpm gains, useless on the street or the strip. It slowed my car down nearly 3 tenths.

Comment

Just buy the Intake you dont need all that extra. I didnt buy all the extra crap

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                Unless you're looking to slow your car down a few tenths, I'd pass on the Boss intake. It's designed for very upper rpm gains, useless on the street or the strip. It slowed my car down nearly 3 tenths.
                Really? Damn that sucks, I was hoping a all around gain cause it looks really cool under the hood.

Comment

Give us a call at the shop, I bet we can beat those prices. Also make sure if that is the way you want to go, you get the correct cold air. Some brands will not work with the boss. Stress for example carries two different cold air intakes, and experience tells me the one for a stock intake will not fit the boss.

Comment

Also keep in mind that your strut tower brace will no longer fit and you will need a custom tune done after the install.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                      Give us a call at the shop, I bet we can beat those prices. Also make sure if that is the way you want to go, you get the correct cold air. Some brands will not work with the boss. Stress for example carries two different cold air intakes, and experience tells me the one for a stock intake will not fit the boss.
                      I'm already coming there Tuesday for a dyno tune. Now I talk to tim and I was going to buy the tuner and the dyno tune but right now all I need is the dyno tune. My buddy just bought a SCT tuner and he total his car cause of him being a big dumbass and he is selling that tuner to me 250 dollars never been out of the box. So on Tuesday I'll talk to you guys which way I want to go.

Edit: I don't have a strut tower brace.

Comment

Very Kool, see you then!

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                          Really? Damn that sucks, I was hoping a all around gain cause it looks really cool under the hood.
                          That intake is not for strip....at all. If you want to buy it for looks.....cool. But don't expect any gains on the strip......only losses. As SonicblueGT03 stated. That intake was specifically made for high RPM road racing. That is it.
                          "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
                            That intake is not for strip....at all. If you want to buy it for looks.....cool. But don't expect any gains on the strip......only losses. As SonicblueGT03 stated. That intake was specifically made for high RPM road racing. That is it.
                            Then I'll save myself 500 bucks then. Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

the boss intake helped alot on my truck. just need a custom tune for it now since ive added more mods to the truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X