No announcement yet.

what oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I'd go with castrol edge or mobil one. I've got a costomer who has been running edge for the last two oil changes and he puts 10k on between changes and the oil is just starting to get dark at that point. I wouldn't go that long but oh well. He says he gets a little better milage but who knows. This is in a 07 silver ado.

Comment

5/20 motorcraft semi-synthetic here too. i also run a motorcraft filter.

part of the reason i do this is because i can pick up the 5 qt container at wal-mart for like $16 then the additional 3 qts for like $2.35 ea and a filter for like $3 vs double those prices at autozone or worse, o'reilly's.

but i agree with Downs as well...change your oil/filter regularly and who gives a fuck.
      2011 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
        5/20 motorcraft semi-synthetic here too. i also run a motorcraft filter.

part of the reason i do this is because i can pick up the 5 qt container at wal-mart for like $16 then the additional 3 qts for like $2.35 ea and a filter for like $3 vs double those prices at autozone or worse, o'reilly's.

but i agree with Downs as well...change your oil/filter regularly and who gives a fuck.
        Yeah I can do mine for around 25.00. I go to wally world and get the 5 qt jug. You can't beat that kind of bulk deal. I just wish they had 5w30 in the 5 qt.
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

less than 2hp per cubic inch, oil doesn't make a fuck, just keep it clean.
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Torco SR-1 10W30 for my 2v

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
              Personally I'd go with castrol edge or mobil one. I've got a costomer who has been running edge for the last two oil changes and he puts 10k on between changes and the oil is just starting to get dark at that point. I wouldn't go that long but oh well. He says he gets a little better milage but who knows. This is in a 07 silver ado.
              Color means nothing. The only way to know for sure is to send the oil off for analysis to a place like blackstone labs.
              2004 Suzuki DL650
              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

i put 5w-20 motorcraft synthetic blend in my '03gt. mobil 1 in the gto, since that's what it came with from the factory. walmart is actually stocking both 5w-20 & 5w-30 motorcraft on a consistent basis now.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post
                  Others agreed, I disagree. Sorry but there's a big difference between Wal-Mart's Supertech brand and something like AMSoil, when it comes to how well it will protect your engine in the long run. How it will contribute to engine life. Also your blanket statement would seem to suggest that there really isn't much difference in the chemical makeup of all the various oils, and that it wouldn't make much difference anyway.
                  but what if the difference is 900k miles vs a million? Is that worth 20 or 30 dollars more per oil change?

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post
                    Others agreed, I disagree. Sorry but there's a big difference between Wal-Mart's Supertech brand and something like AMSoil, when it comes to how well it will protect your engine in the long run. How it will contribute to engine life. Also your blanket statement would seem to suggest that there really isn't much difference in the chemical makeup of all the various oils, and that it wouldn't make much difference anyway.
                    there isn't much difference. amsoil starts life as Exxon 2380 turbine oil.......look it up. Redline hasn't been worth a shit since it got bought about 10 years ago. Esther base oils mean they are a group V, which is the only true synthetic oil on the market. Mobil 1 and others have very loosely governed rules when it comes to what they can call 100% synthetic in the united states.
                    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                    X