what oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what oil?

03 gt, with normal bolt ons. I've ran the motorcraft synthetic blend since i have owned the car. Really been thinking of swithing to full synthetic lately. Whats the best oil and weight for these sn95's? thanks.

I'd stick with the motorcraft. Depending on the mileage 5-20 or 5-30.

Comment

I hear Redline is the best of the best. AMSoil won't even test against them, and they're the ones who claim, and submit proof that they actually are the best motor oil. But they're piss scared to test against Redline cause they know they'll lose. As per Bobistheoilguy.com. With a car getting some higher mileage on it, I'd definitely run Redline cause its got something in it.. can't remember but I think it was called Esther? Started with an E. Anyway, other oils don't have it. But it will eat every last bit of carbon/gunk/shit out of your motor leaving it sparkling clean. I run it in my old chevy and it even at the damn varnish off. Looked like new.
      Last edited by SMEGMA STENCH; 02-10-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Stick with what you been using. I've used Mobile 1 since I got my car and haven't changed...
        04 GT
        91 LX

Comment

im pushing 111k miles, so i wanting something that will help with high miles but keep performace good. never had a problem with the motorcraft, but was always told full synthetic is good for high mileage.

Comment

I use Mobil 1 5-20 myself (70K miles).

Comment

Try Mobile 1, I've got 144+ miles on car.
              04 GT
              91 LX

Comment

mobil 1 or what are y'alls thoughts on royal purple?

Comment

When I was still on the Miata boards on a regular basis some of the turbo guys were doing lots of oil analysis and they found that Royal Purple made a great track oil but there were better street oils out there from what they were seeing on the oil analysis.

Actually the best oil they were finding for those cars was Shell Rotella T Synthetic. Granted different car and engine design but some food for thought.

I'd go with Mobil 1 over the Royal Purple personally.
                  2004 Suzuki DL650
                  1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

sand
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                      I agree...

Comment

With 111k miles, 5-20 or 5-30 then? I know manual says 5-20

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                          I concur. That oil works great...
                          03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                          "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Mobil 1 since 30k and now has over 150k and still doesn't use any oil between changes (I change it at around 4k) and no leaks. At 135k I started using the high mileage Mobil 1.
                            sigpic

Comment

do they still make the german castrol in the green bottles?

It was at the time the only TRUE Synthetic oil

Comment

Working...
                              X