No announcement yet.

Thought and opinions 75 Firebird Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still pondering it. I had a guy offer me a Vette back I sold to him after he restored it for what I sold it for. LOL Tomorrow I am going to pick up my uncles 1980 CJ7 Laredo that he owned since new and is just just wasting away in a pasture. I really have a sickness you know. Let me ask him if he would sell it to anyone for that price. If so I will post it up. It needs the front spoiler, has hood pins, had a vinyl top he has pulled and POR'ed, and basically needs a full restore. I think the radiator was stolen out of it also. Interior looked mostly there and it is buckets with a center console. He said he built the motor a while back and never cranked it.

This thing may be the next project if I decide I need two Jeeps, aunt said the doors are in the barn. Its nice that I dont have to sell current rides to build new ones anymore so soon it may look like a car lot around here.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

2nd gen firebirds are coming up in value now that the 1st gens are out of sight. Even that formula will be worth more than the $1500 he wants for it sooner or later. Heck, just the engine could almost be sold for that (as long as it isn't the weak 500557 block that appeared sometime in 1975). Pontiac engines are unobtanium at junkyards now.

Buy it, have some fun with it, and sell it when T/A time comes. Or you could part it out and make your $1500 back.

The silver 10th anniversary ones you like are hella expensive to restore Heres one i'm working on right now.
      Last edited by mikeb; 04-04-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I bought this one way back in the day 1975 firebird 350. Just needed paint and minor interior work paid $950 ran great no rust.

Comment

This is a pretty good deal

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
            2nd gen firebirds are coming up in value now that the 1st gens are out of sight. Even that formula will be worth more than the $1500 he wants for it sooner or later. Heck, just the engine could almost be sold for that (as long as it isn't the weak 500557 block that appeared sometime in 1975). Pontiac engines are unobtanium at junkyards now.

Buy it, have some fun with it, and sell it when T/A time comes. Or you could part it out and make your $1500 back.

The silver 10th anniversary ones you like are hella expensive to restore Heres one i'm working on right now.

Car looks great mike! it really has come a long way. When are you coming to get my 79?
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post

I love the anniversary look. A friend of mine had a 80 anniversary turbo formula that I always thought would make a sweet cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                I am still pondering it. I had a guy offer me a Vette back I sold to him after he restored it for what I sold it for. LOL Tomorrow I am going to pick up my uncles 1980 CJ7 Laredo that he owned since new and is just just wasting away in a pasture. I really have a sickness you know. Let me ask him if he would sell it to anyone for that price. If so I will post it up. It needs the front spoiler, has hood pins, had a vinyl top he has pulled and POR'ed, and basically needs a full restore. I think the radiator was stolen out of it also. Interior looked mostly there and it is buckets with a center console. He said he built the motor a while back and never cranked it.

This thing may be the next project if I decide I need two Jeeps, aunt said the doors are in the barn. Its nice that I dont have to sell current rides to build new ones anymore so soon it may look like a car lot around here.
                Oh man, I have a sweet spot for a CJ7.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                  I bought this one way back in the day 1975 firebird 350. Just needed paint and minor interior work paid $950 ran great no rust.

That has rockford files written all over it.
                  2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                  2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by Dawkins View Post
                    Car looks great mike! it really has come a long way. When are you coming to get my 79?
                    This is the LAST restoration i'm ever gonna do!!!!! LOL.....

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      Oh man, I have a sweet spot for a CJ7.
                      Well it ended up next to my driveway. Not a to much rust. Motor was rebuilt about 12 years ago and drven on the farm so maybe 3k. It was parked when the carb clogged up on it and has sat for 6 years. 1980 CJ Laredo, 304, 4spd, AC, PS, PB/disc front, Silver and black edition. These things bring retarded money restored on ebay. Gonna be a hard choice, finish the TJ (sport cage and 8.8 rear away), or restore this. I love my TJ.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I would say its a better start then this one I built about ten years ago.....

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sweet. There is a guy in Cleburne with a field covered with about 40 Jeeps for parts. I think his name is Marty. He used to have hundreds of them. I bought a hood from a Cherokee Golden Eagle from him, lol.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Jeep gone. I gave it a good shot and put my 98 up for sale but it went first. LOL Sooooo I am prob gonna drag this thing up and build it for my keeper hot rod. It is really growing on me and you do not see many around at all.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I love that hood! Congrats!
                              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I have always been a Trans Am snob and turned my nose up at anything that was"just a firebird". However I did not realize such a beast was out there. Not sure on the silver with black top though. Straight silver with some torque thrusts would look nice. I am not rally digging the red interior but its in pretty decent shape.
                                Last edited by kingjason; 03-01-2012, 10:00 PM.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X