Thought and opinions 75 Firebird Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought and opinions 75 Firebird Formula

Ok so I have a freind that has a Firebird Formula in his back yard. He does paint and body and builds some bad ass motors and this car was going to be one of his projects. It has the twin scoop ram air hood (non functional). It also has a rebuilt numbers matching 400 in it. He rebuilt it a few years back and it has not been fired. He said completely stock or he might have thrown in a cam. I know if the motor had any issues he would build the new one for free and wont hardly build anything under 500 HP. LOL Car is fairly straight and I saw no real rust. I think my problem is I am a die hard Trans Am guy and want a 77-81 car (silver anniv is my favorite), and I love the 70-73 cars. Also I love the T-Tops on the newer years. Somewhere down the road after I build a shop I want one from each body style except the 84 style. Should I do it or just wait and throw a little more at a TA? I have built a 79 from the ground up and just love the lines. To be honest I had no idea they made this car with the twin scoops. I guess being a Trans Am guy I have always turned my nose up at the Formulas. LOL The other problem is I can not find any resto mod's of this car to look at. I want to drop it a hair, mini tub it front and rear, maybe some 17's,the little TA spoiler on back, and go to town on a nice interior set up. It sits next to a 70 Chevelle SS, 64 Galaxie big block, and a few other bad ass cars so it is in good company. He also has a Dodge Daytona Shelby which I owned four different versions of (couldnt afford the Shelby back then though) LOL. The Formula is silver, auto(400), power, and factory air also.
    Last edited by kingjason; 06-11-2012, 04:18 PM.
    Whos your Daddy?

I like the 70-78 . Build it , sell it and get the one you want .
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

If I spend the money to build it like I want it, it will be a keeper. I am a die hard Pontiac guy for the TA's. The hood is kind of growing on me. If I build a later model one like a 81 Turbo car, I want to do a LS1 turbo in it, with all modern power train. That will come after we get settled into a new house though.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I think the formula's look way better and if the price is right they make great cars. aftermarket is plentiful and they can turn and hold the road like any new car.

Comment

I had a 74 firebird back in the day. Been looking for a deal on a 70-78 trans-am

Comment

It sounds like you have high end plans for your perfect TA. If you want to wait and build the perfect TA the way you want it, then keep looking and waiting. If you want to have a little fun now, buy the formula, get it running without going overboard and drive the thing. You can always keep looking for that dream TA.

Comment

btw a 75 formula is bitchin, i would place it higher on the "cool" list than an 80TA.

Comment

My fav is the 70' 455 white/blue TA. Then a silver 79' T-top TA. There is a 78 (?) twinscoop one on 377...he has the reared lifted up with a tractor lmao
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Formulas were always a little underrated IMO.

Life is short, don't waste time building something you don't really like. If you want a Trans Am, go get one.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    Formulas were always a little underrated IMO.

Life is short, don't waste time building something you don't really like. If you want a Trans Am, go get one.
                    I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      btw a 75 formula is bitchin, i would place it higher on the "cool" list than an 80TA.
                      X2. I had two 79 trans ams and love them. I wish I Would have kept my last one since I paint cars now. I would have made it really nice. But a mid 70s formula is just as badass
                      1997 viper gts
                      1986 turbo mustang
                      1987 Buick grand national
                      1972 nova

Comment

It does not look this good but this is this car. Silver, black top and red interior. The top would not get put back on it.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I prefer anything 70 1/2- 78. The 400 is no dog. I would say do it, I prefer them over the camaro.
                          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I like it, and would get it...
                            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Get it? If you pass can you pass on the contact info??

Comment

Working...
                              X