05 Envoy speedo trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 Envoy speedo trouble

I have to make an attempt to fix my soon to be mother in law's 2005 GMC Envoy. Its the 6 cylinder 4x4 version. The speedometer seems to be going out intermittently.

But that is all. Unlike other vehicles that i have wkored on, its not suffering some kind of cutting out of the motor or something. it is just the speedo.

So i am thinking vehicle speed sensor? Does this vehicle even have a speedometer cable? I think newer vehicles like that rely on a sensor and not a cable, right?

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
    I have to make an attempt to fix my soon to be mother in law's 2005 GMC Envoy. Its the 6 cylinder 4x4 version. The speedometer seems to be going out intermittently.

But that is all. Unlike other vehicles that i have wkored on, its not suffering some kind of cutting out of the motor or something. it is just the speedo.

So i am thinking vehicle speed sensor? Does this vehicle even have a speedometer cable? I think newer vehicles like that rely on a sensor and not a cable, right?
    Its the motor that moves the speedometer needle. You have to buy a new motor and solder it in. It is inside the cluster.

Comment

This guy can either fix it or sell you the parts to fix it your self

Comment

Originally posted by Alvarado GT View Post
        http://www.dallasclusterrepair.com
        This guy can either fix it or sell you the parts to fix it your self
        Thanks for posting that link.

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
          Its the motor that moves the speedometer needle. You have to buy a new motor and solder it in. It is inside the cluster.
          So no on the speed sensor then. Yeah I was thinking that might throw and engine code but she doesn't have one.

Hmm looks like she may need a junkyard cluster then. I'm not doing any soldering! thats for sure

Comment

Working...
          X