All this talk about T5s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk about T5s

I haven't looked into it but I've got a fluid leak up high on the T5 in my '94 S10. Anyone got any idea as to what up high can leak fluid on one of these?
    Annoying people, one post at a time!

Fluid fill plug possibly.

The mustangs have a tendency to leak where speedometer speed sensor is, I'm not for sure where that is on the s10. It's on the tailshaft housing.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

possibly the shifter?

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        possibly the shifter?
        I was thinking that, but idk how fluid would get up there enough to cause a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          I was thinking that, but idk how fluid would get up there enough to cause a leak.
          looks like (from that picture) there is some cover in front of the shifter. that would probably be more likely (although I have seen shifters leak when gasket maker wasn't used).

Comment

That cover is what holds the 1-4 shift forks in place. They would more so seep then leak, I don't think that'd cause a puddle under the car.. If that's even what's going on. Lol

Not much info!

Just get under it and check it out, it's a truck even!

Comment

My bad, not enough info.

I have gotten under it. I haven't owned this truck for very long, but the previous owner said that Eagle Transmissions rebuilt it. I noticed a spot pretty quick on the ground under the transmission. I don't know how long it had been leaking so I drained the fluid and refilled it with Dexrom/Mercron III ATF. It was in fact over full since I first removed the fill plug on the side of the transmission (with the truck on even ground) and fluid poured out of it. Once the fluid was changed, I cleaned up the outside of the case to try to pin point where the fluid was coming from. From looking at the picture above, it appears as though it is either leaking from where the shifter goes in or right in front of that.

After replacing the fluid and cleaning everything up I took a highway trip and kept a close eye on the fluid. After driving 400 miles I pulled the drain plug to find out it's not leaking as much as I thought. Only about 1/4 of a cup of fluid had been lost during that 400 mile highway trip, but to me that's enough to get it fixed.

It shifts perfectly fine and doesn't grind at all. Although, when the rpms are up pretty good (4k-5k, hey, this 4.3 don't like to rev!!) it doesn't like to shift fast.
              Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

Working...
              X