Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken irs part pics inside

i new posting here but i have been lurking for a while
    my problem is i was out driving lost traction stayed on it and then when it finally hooked i broke an unknow part sorry for shitty cellphone pics

the part that broke is the one that bolts on to those two bolts shown on here

my car is an 03 cobra with bolt on's and i did have a irs brace as shown in pictures thanks in advance and heres my share

Just another slow car

Is the Steeda IRS Brace the only thing that is not OEM? I have seen a ton of IRS diffs scatter using that. It is a band aid and nothing more. You need to replace all the bushings and keep that thing from jumping around. With proper bushings, you won't even need that brace.
    "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

i also replaced the bushings with MM ones
      Just another slow car

Comment

Originally posted by maury03svt View Post
        i also replaced the bushings with MM ones
        Which bushings? Did you install this kit? I don't see the single large busing on your pic.

In looking at the pic....the rear rubber bushing is shipwrecked. If the above kit is what you installed, then maybe you didn't install the rear bushing from MM?
        Last edited by CYAZ06; 02-04-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

i had the work done by hpp so im not sure but it seems like the "big blue" piece is the one i need
          Just another slow car

Comment

those 2 bolts connect to rear diff bushing.
            havent seen one of those break before, you must have a lot of play

you should get the FTBR kit
            http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/

Comment

or alot of torque ...... wich i dont have so must be play
              Just another slow car

Comment

i had the work done by hpp so im not sure but it seems like the "big blue" piece is the one i need
                What happened is this. It the front bushings are replaced with the aluminum bushings, and the rear (most important) one is not replaced, the front bushings will deflect less, but the rear bushing will deflect more than it did before.

Originally posted by gat0r View Post
                This is the reason the rubber bushing took such a beating. ALL the bushings must be used. With all the bushings in place and installed correctly (pinion angle as well), you can take that heavy, useless steeda brace off the diff. However.....the brace is the only thing that saved you from cracking the diff itself. Lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by gat0r View Post

Decent stuff.....but not nearly as good as what he should have in there with his MM kit. FTBR uses rubber in the rear bushing............

Comment

so should i just buy the whole kit from MM im on a slight budget but if its needed than im all for it
                    Just another slow car

Comment

so should i just buy the whole kit from MM im on a slight budget but if its needed than im all for it
                      Wassup Maury? Ever get your tranny fixed?
                      2012 GT500

Comment

What I would do is look at the forward differential flanges and see if there is "blue" washer stacks. There should also be flat, silver washers as well if the pinion angle is adjusted correctly. If there is, then you will only need the rear bushing.

Note: look at where the forward differential flanges mount. are they mounted to the IRS subframe itself? Or a independent brace. Some 03 Cobras came with a 2000 Cobra R brace. If you have that.....check the ears that the flanges connect too.....they may be bent now.....

Comment

I second FTBR merchandise. The difference is in the company. Those guys will answer every question you can think of. Probably the best company I have ever dealt with concerning my cobra. I bought everything they had to offer and lost my job shortly after so I sold the kit. I wish I could give my opinion on its function. It was good quality stuff, with GOOD instructions and even on the website they have several helpful videos.

Comment

thats the second newb that made with the tits or in this case ass. bravo

Comment

o woow... ive seen everything else break on a IRS... but, never that
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X