MM camber plates hard to install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM camber plates hard to install?

Got a giftcard for christmas and you know what I spent it on. Mustang parts! lol

I used it to buy some Maximum motorsports camber plates since I'm going to be lowering my car soon. Are they hard to install? Opened up the box and there are a lot more parts than I expected. Anything I should know?

follow the instructions, use the correct spacers where they are needed, tighten it to spec, get car aligned

EDIT: Oh and if anyone wants to buy some, i have one set for sale.....
    Last edited by Ldecharmoy; 02-04-2012, 01:06 PM.
    2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
    1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
    1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
    1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
    2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
    2011 Ford Mustang V6
    2011 Ford Mustang GT
    2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
    2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

Some grinding may be required to get the lower plates studs to line up with the holes in the strut tower. No big, I did mine in about 2 hours.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Took me about 1.5 hours per side. Had never done it before and I was installing new struts also.
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Not that bad if you're mechanically inclined. That is also the best time to change struts if they're in need of replacing. The directions are pretty clear and I had no trouble installing my MM plates.

Comment

Ok cool thanks. I expect to be changing springs soon as well. So should I wait to put the MM camber plates on? Or does it matter? Perhaps it would all work out better if I waited, and put the springs on first?

Comment

It would be a little easier to do it all at once, IMO, but not an absolute necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                Ok cool thanks. I expect to be changing springs soon as well. So should I wait to put the MM camber plates on? Or does it matter? Perhaps it would all work out better if I waited, and put the springs on first?
                shocks/struts, springs, c/c plates all at the same time. You have to pull the struts out to replace the c/c plates, so save yourself the trouble of doing it twice.
                كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                Originally posted by Trick Pony
                ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Seeing as you'll need an alignment after the springs or the cc plates, you may as well do them at the same time and pay for one alignment rather than two.
                  - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                  1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Ldecharmoy View Post
                    follow the instructions, use the correct spacers where they are needed, tighten it to spec, get car aligned

EDIT: Oh and if anyone wants to buy some, i have one set for sale.....
                    They MM plates for a fox?

im interested... all cc plates ive seen in classifieds or sitting around look like they were on bottom of a scrap pile for years

Comment

Originally posted by Redd View Post
                      They MM plates for a fox?

im interested... all cc plates ive seen in classifieds or sitting around look like they were on bottom of a scrap pile for years
                      yep, dont know if they are for 79-89 or 90-93
                      2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
                      1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
                      1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
                      1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
                      2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                      2011 Ford Mustang V6
                      2011 Ford Mustang GT
                      2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                      2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

any part numbers on em? i need some for 90-93

Comment

Originally posted by Redd View Post
                          any part numbers on em? i need some for 90-93
                          I have a friend with a brand new set thAt will work on your car. Pm me your number and I'll pass it along to him.
                          Street car.

Comment

Working...
                          X