Are these springs any good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these springs any good

Well i finally signed up so I guess i'll start posting some threads lol. I have recently become the proud owner fo my very own mustang gt. 1994 model. I traded an older chevy van for it so im kinda excited about that deal.

I am looking to lower the car soon, and i have a couple question about springs. I hear that the H&R springs are good, but they are expensive. I wanted to know if they change your ride quality very much. DO they make the car ride rough? If so, which ones can i get that will lower the car about 2 inche but will not make the ride quality bad?

H&r race springs will give you great ride, great handling, and a great stance. Even more so with bilstein shocks.

Comment

You should ALWAYS buy shocks & springs at the same time. ride quality will suffer with stock struts.

Do it once. Do it right.

Id just go with some tokico "blues" and SVE springs from 50 resto. cheap and they get the job done.
      One day at a time.

Comment

Anything that lowers the car 2"s is going to be a stiff ride

Comment

Well late model restoration seems to sell some SVE springs that are far less expensive than the H&R's. They claim to have the factory spring rate so that you ride don't go to hell. They are only $89, but it makes you wonder what the difference must be since the H&R's are like $240.

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
            Well i finally signed up so I guess i'll start posting some threads lol. I have recently become the proud owner fo my very own mustang gt. 1994 model. I traded an older chevy van for it so im kinda excited about that deal.

I am looking to lower the car soon, and i have a couple question about springs. I hear that the H&R springs are good, but they are expensive. I wanted to know if they change your ride quality very much. DO they make the car ride rough? If so, which ones can i get that will lower the car about 2 inche but will not make the ride quality bad?
            Any other goals? Just lower for looks and have decent ride quality?
            "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

I guess like any mustang guy I do want the car to go faster someday. But all the engine mods are so expensive that its going to have to wait a year or two. Suspension stuff I can afford here and there.

Comment

I like the Eibach pro kit springs on the SN and New Edge cars. Maximum lowering without sacrificing ALL the ride quality. Some of the bigger bumps are rough, but I daily drive mine and it doesn't bother me. However, it also depends on what your goals are for the car, like if you want better weight transfer for drag racing or something more along the lines of a road race suspension that is somewhat stiff and corners like a dream.

Comment

On your budget maybe you can meet in the middle and get a Pro-kit. It's a good stance and you don't sacrifice much ride quality. Also whatever you do, don't cut or buy cut springs.

Just remember it is a mustang, not a Cadillac.

Comment

I liked the ride of H&R Super Sports on my 02. They lowered it almost 2", but the ride didn't suffer that bad.
                    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                    Originally posted by Trick Pony
                    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Did your handling improve with the new springs?

Comment

Best springs I've used in terms of retaining a stock like ride quality is FRPP B springs. Drop after settling was 1 1/4" front and 3/4" rear.

Right now I have some Eibachs on an '03 and the ride quality sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                          Best springs I've used in terms of retaining a stock like ride quality is FRPP B springs. Drop after settling was 1 1/4" front and 3/4" rear.

Right now I have some Eibachs on an '03 and the ride quality sucks.
                          This....if you are not going to really take it any further suspension wise.

Comment

Ok well thanks for the helpful replies everyone. I might as well ask;

How do coil over setup affect your ride quality? One day, a long time from now, I'll be able to afford stuff like that I hope. I have heard from a couple of people that a coilover conversion on a 94 actually helped their ride quality.

I don't mind it going downhill a little bit, but a long time ago i had some crappy brand of springs, i think it was intracx or something like that, and it was awful. biggest waste of money i ever spent.

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                              Ok well thanks for the helpful replies everyone. I might as well ask;

How do coil over setup affect your ride quality? One day, a long time from now, I'll be able to afford stuff like that I hope. I have heard from a couple of people that a coilover conversion on a 94 actually helped their ride quality.

I don't mind it going downhill a little bit, but a long time ago i had some crappy brand of springs, i think it was intracx or something like that, and it was awful. biggest waste of money i ever spent.
                              if you are considering coil overs.....save your money now. Coil overs give you the best of both worlds. No comparison.

Comment

Working...
                              X