2001 Ford F-250 5.4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Ford F-250 5.4 ?

Water in number #8 spark plug valley. It happens about once a week, truck starts missing after about a week and there is rusty water, we clean the plug area and a week or so later its starts missing again, thoughts?

I'm thinking cracked intake like the 4.6 2v GT's?

No milkshake in the oil btw.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

I think my 01 F250 has an alum coolant xover.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

A pressure test of the coolant system will tell the story. I would start there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        I think my 01 F250 has an alum coolant xover.
        Just a FYI the #8 is in the drivers side back of the head.
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Prob cracked intake, but the heater core hoses are in that area also. As previously mentioned pressure check is in order.

Comment

Doesn't water only pass through the front of the intake, does the intake block off the water ports on the back?
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Very little coolant is missing from the overfill tank

Comment

Possibly the Heater Hose Connections (located above #8 coil) or heater hose, or the coolant port at the back of the head. IIRC the intake blocks the port off, the gasket could be leaking/seeping there. It's a plastic gasket with rubber inserts similiar to the vortec chevy and 3.1\3.4 chevy's, common leak.

Comment

Leaky intake manifold gasket.

Comment

I had the same issue...it was water coming in through the cowl panel everytime it rained or I washed my old truck.
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                    X