SES Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Code

i keep throwing these 2 codes (off and on). P1131: bank 1 sensor 1 lack of heated o2 sensor, indicates lean. P1151 bank 2 sensor 1 heated o2 sensor, indicates lean. Any idea as to why i keep throwing both these codes at the same time? and why its off and on?

Bad O2 sensors?

Comment

Whats this on?

Comment

sensor#1 on both banks failing at the same time is interesting. i'm thinking you have an issue in closed loop, not necessarily two bad 02s. check your egr. unplug the vacuum line on egr and use a brake bleeder to pull vacuum on it. if it tries to die then you can rule that out, if not, then you have your culprit. then move on to other stuff, like vacuum leaks. however, i would start out by jacking up the car and eyeball each sensor and wiring. you have a 12v lead, ground, and sensor return. they may have been frayed by something hot or damaged in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
          Whats this on?
          03 GT

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          sensor#1 on both banks failing at the same time is interesting. i'm thinking you have an issue in closed loop, not necessarily two bad 02s. check your egr. unplug the vacuum line on egr and use a brake bleeder to pull vacuum on it. if it tries to die then you can rule that out, if not, then you have your culprit. then move on to other stuff, like vacuum leaks. however, i would start out by jacking up the car and eyeball each sensor and wiring. you have a 12v lead, ground, and sensor return. they may have been frayed by something hot or damaged in some way.
          I replaced the vacuum solenoid a while ago, but havent looked the egr it self yet.

Comment

As said above, vacuum leaks.

Comment

Working...
            X