Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I might need to get my rims re-chromed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
    You sir should focus on bettering your ethics and spend less time trying to cheat companies.
    lol
    -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
      lol
      Ya, that's fucking funny!

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
        How is asking a company to back its product "cheating"?
        You cant back used wheels that are made in china.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
          True. Chrome dosent last forever its waaaayyyyy worse up north. Oh and figure 175ish per wheel

Comment

Not yet, are they local?
            Yes.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

How is asking a company to back its product "cheating"?
              Seeing as you bought it used you have no right to expect anything from it. 99.9% of the companies out there are going to tell someone with a used product to go pound sand. When you buy something used you buy it as is for the most part.

Ya, that's fucking funny!
              I don't see how it is funny. I am a firm believer in good ethics, you clearly are not.

You expect a company to fix a issue with the finish on there product that happens to be a few years old? Have your hand out much?

Bet you were mad when you found out that Obama wasn't gonna buy your gas and pay your rent/mortgage.

Comment

Here is a great example. I Had a DPMS rifle (used)that was giving me issues. I called DPMS and with out questions like do you have reciepts , they told me to box it up and send it to them and they would fix the problem. That is outstanding customer service. I'm not trying to " cheat " anyone, I'm just trying to get a company to back their product.

The firearms industry is totally different than the automotive industry. Regardless, DPMS went above and beyond with you. They had no need to cover the issues you were having with the rifle.

Speaking of ethics, don't you think it is unethical not to support your own product? If I was an owner of Steeda and one of my employees told a customer we use shitty chrome, they would be terminated!
                While they should support there product within reason from a business standpoint, not backing a product isn't unethical. If it is admittedly garbage I don't blame them. Hell several times I have been asked my opinion by a customer and been totally honest as to the quality of something. I think that honesty in business is something that has been lost over the years and I feel that is a shame.

Just because I feel a product is shit means I likely wont sell it, nor will I lie to someone to make a sale.

As for the Steeda employee, he should have kept his mouth shut about the quality of the chrome. The manufacturing process should be kept close to the vest. Things do change when I find out if this employee was in the customer service department or not. I think it is ok for people who handle claims everyday to say something like "We have been seeing issues with this and are working on a fix for future products" or something of the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post

Comment

I bought the rims used
                    End of story. Warranty on most items (not all, most) is only to the original purchaser.

Comment

How many people would keep a receipt( if they bought them new) that would be couple years old? I'm going to keep trying this way and see what happens.
                      A lot of people keep the receipts for things they purchase for their vehicle. I have receipts for everything I've bought for all my cars. Chrome deteriorates over time and the receipt is the only way they have of knowing exactly how old they are.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                        Seeing as you bought it used you have no right to expect anything from it. 99.9% of the companies out there are going to tell someone with a used product to go pound sand. When you buy something used you buy it as is for the most part.

I don't see how it is funny. I am a firm believer in good ethics, you clearly are not.

You expect a company to fix a issue with the finish on there product that happens to be a few years old? Have your hand out much?

Bet you were mad when you found out that Obama wasn't gonna buy your gas and pay your rent/mortgage.
                        Obama is not going to pay for my gas? FUCK! Now I need to sell my car. Lol. He is still going to give me Wick right?

Comment

how do they know that they weren't originally non-chrome wheels that were chromed in an old bathtub?
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Dude just go have them blasted and powdercoated for about $50-75 a wheel. Then you can pick the color and it'll last!
                            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                              Dude just go have them blasted and powdercoated for about $50-75 a wheel. Then you can pick the color and it'll last!
                              Ya that would be the cheapest way, but I'm looking for chrome. I think even If I get them re-dipped I will still save money. Does anyone have a hookup?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                I don't know of any place that'll do just the rim for cheap. I've heard of some that'll do the whole wheel though for a decent price.
                                Thanks i thought i was the only one that drove nuts.
                                Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X