Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I might need to get my rims re-chromed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I might need to get my rims re-chromed.

I have a set of rims that might need to be re-dipped, due to chrome bubbling. Does any one have a hook up?

might be cheaper to have them powdercoated, bro.
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

Most likely will have to send 'en off to california. I don't think any chrome shops will do wheels in (8 anymore. For the cost of re-chroming it is probably about the same to get some new wheels. Unless they are super rare or something.

Comment

I don't know of any place that'll do just the rim for cheap. I've heard of some that'll do the whole wheel though for a decent price.
        sigpic

Comment

Have you called Wheels America?
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Have you called Wheels America?
            Not yet, are they local?

Comment

I called Steeda and talked to some d bag that told me that they don't use the highest quality chrome. WTF! Not only that but the mother fucker kept putting me on hold. I bought the rims used, but I told this guy I bought them new, and when I asked him if I was fucked out of some $1200 rims or pay to get them dipped again he was like "sorry". What a dick. Does anyone know someone at Steeda by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                I called Steeda and talked to some d bag that told me that they don't use the highest quality chrome. WTF! Not only that but the mother fucker kept putting me on hold. I bought the rims used, but I told this guy I bought them new, and when I asked him if I was fucked out of some $1200 rims or pay to get them dipped again he was like "sorry". What a dick. Does anyone know someone at Steeda by chance?
                So you lied about buying them new then lied about the price and still upset about the way you were treated???

Comment

So what do you think the answer would have been if I would have told him I bought them used for $399? It shouldn't matter, still shitty customers service if you ask me.

Comment

So what do you think the answer would have been if I would have told him I bought them used for $399? It shouldn't matter, still shitty customers service if you ask me.
                    Oh I agree it was shitty customer service and is pretty inexcusable on his part... You could go up the ladder with your complaint but what happens when they want to see the receipt? Like others have suggested you should probably look into powder coating them...

Comment

How many people would keep a receipt( if they bought them new) that would be couple years old? I'm going to keep trying this way and see what happens.

Comment

How many people would keep a receipt( if they bought them new) that would be couple years old? I'm going to keep trying this way and see what happens.
                        You sir should focus on bettering your ethics and spend less time trying to cheat companies.

Comment

^^^^ Good advice.
                          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

How is asking a company to back its product "cheating"?

Comment

Here is a great example. I Had a DPMS rifle (used)that was giving me issues. I called DPMS and with out questions like do you have reciepts , they told me to box it up and send it to them and they would fix the problem. That is outstanding customer service. I'm not trying to " cheat " anyone, I'm just trying to get a company to back their product. Speaking of ethics, don't you think it is unethical not to support your own product? If I was an owner of Steeda and one of my employees told a customer we use shitty chrome, they would be terminated!
                              Last edited by wickedblkgt; 01-31-2012, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X